Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Very quick look but the crappiest bottom 3 since a 20 team league seems to be 2019, Cardiff Fulham Huddersfield got a combined 76 points. 2nd is last season with 78. Joint 3rd is 2006 and 2010 with combined 79 points. When we went down combined bottom 3 was 88 points.

Edited by VillaJ100

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I just have this funny feeling Leeds and Everton will go down.

I don't. Leicester are crap and them beating West Ham is far from a given and then of course you have Everton being the jammiest team ever.

• Like 3

I think people are underestimating Bournemouths chances against Everton, there form has been decent for a few weeks. Though of the 3 teams I’d certainly rather be in Everton’s shoes, I think they’ll do enough. 

Leeds have look absolutely awful, on any other day Spurs would be heavy favourites to beat them. But last day, an intimidating Elland Road, who knows. I don’t see how that defence stops Kane from scoring though, and Leeds look so lightweight up front. They are down imo. 

Leicster would be my choice to stay up for no other reason than Deano, unfortunately they look a shambles aswell. I think they are down aswell. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't. Leicester are crap and them beating West Ham is far from a given and then of course you have Everton being the jammiest team ever.

But Leicester have the best manager out of the 3 which gives them a better chance.

Don't forget Smith has secured survival against West Ham before.

32 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

But Leicester have the best manager out of the 3 which gives them a better chance.

Don't forget Smith has secured survival against West Ham before.

Do they though? I don't think there's much between them.

In any case, if Everton beat Bournemouth it doesn't matter what Leicester do, and Smith having secured survival against West Ham before is irrelevant.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Put it this way I'd rather be In Everton's shoes now than Leicester or Leeds. 

Everton carry a bigger name. 

Little Bournemouth would love to send them down. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Everton carry a bigger name. 

Little Bournemouth would love to send them down. 

Fans may have a preference but I really don’t think players think like this. 

If Everton don't beat Bournemouth esp at home then they deserve to drop.

They are in the best position of all 3 and can't blame anyone else but themselves. 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I can see all 3 losing

Me too. They are where they are for a reason, all 3 are awful. 

I can see Everton beating Bournemouth as Bournemouth have nothing to play for and have just lost three games in a row, plus whilst Bournemouth bare no mirth for Everton they especially dislike Leeds because of the May Day Bank Holiday riots of 1990, I can also see Bournemouth beating Everton because Everton aren't very good and are where they are in the table for a reason, , the very fact that Bournemouth have lost three in a row means they're probably due a result, they've also won three of their last four away games, and have already beat Everton twice this season 3-0, and 4-1, can see Leicester beating West Ham as West Ham have nothing to play for and after what was a good result away to Newcastle that might wake Leicester players up somewhat, but can also see West Ham beating them as Leicester have won just one of the last fifteen they too are down there for a reason, can see Leeds beating Spurs as not sure how bothered about Conference League Spurs will be, although being as though they haven't won much maybe they should be, as with Eveton and Leicster, Leeds in trouble for a reason, so can see them getting beat, draws all round possible too.

The thing that struck me all possible relegation teams have won league more recently than us.They all have a strong pedigree.
Leeds were dominant in the 60’s and 70’s but probably didn’t win as much as they should.They remind me a bit of Klopps Liverpool they were finalists a lot and finished second a lot.And they won the league in 92?

Everton won stuff in in 60’s but created a brilliant team in the 80’s that won the league and would maybe won have won the European cup but they were banned due to Heysel.

Then Leicester won a few league cups with O neill then won the league in 16?  and  fa cup few years later.

These 3 clubs have much more recent sucess than we have had  but probably all Villa fans probably look down on them a little bit.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

These 3 clubs have much more recent sucess than we have had  but probably all Villa fans probably look down on them a little bit.

We’re currently 7th and looking at Europe as a possibility while Everton, Leicester and Leeds, well, they’re not. I kinda have to look down the table in order to see them.

1ohU.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1