Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

On 23/05/2023 at 02:25, useless said:

Seeing a few Leicester fans on their forum saying that they're glad that Maddison has been dropped, seems to be one of those players that has a big reputation amongst fans of other teams but not so much fans of the team he plays for, I think Leicester have a few players like that, Tielemans being another who none of them seem to actually rate.

Like Mings in reverse. Youd be hard pushed to find a non Villa fan call Ty anything other than "shit", yet to us Villa fans he's a colossus.

On 23/05/2023 at 08:52, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Can see Leeds, Leicester and Everton all winning on Sunday.

They're all dreadful. More chance of them all losing tamely. Still, if you think this is gonna happen, you'd surely get good odds on it. 

Any stattos in here know off hand the lowest combined points tally of the bottom 3 for a season?

Id imagine the Villa relegation season and that Derby side have to be up there.

Being safe with just 32 points would have be some record too right? 

48 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Any stattos in here know off hand the lowest combined points tally of the bottom 3 for a season?

32 would be an all time low to be safe. The current record I believe is:

34 - West Bromwich Albion (2004/05)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Lockdown season all 3 teams finished under 30 points

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Could really do with an early Bournemouth goal or an everton red card to make the day interesting as otherwise you'd expect it will be a fairly tame final day

Early goal for Leeds/Leicester makes it interesting

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lockdown season all 3 teams finished under 30 points

Partly explains how we were able to finish bottom half despite having 55 points.  More points distributed upwards.

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

A real shame everyone has to play together in the final round, would like to watch a few of these games.

If our game was a dead rubber and we weren't in the hunt for European football I'd probably watch one of the relegation team's games tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If our game was a dead rubber and we weren't in the hunt for European football I'd probably watch one of the relegation team's games tbh.

Have to multiscreen the Leeds vs Tottenham game anyway so there you go

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I know. I was answering the question asked by the poster.

Fair point and I was wrong to a certain extent anyway because of Leeds and Leicester loss then 32 points would have kept Everton up as Leicester would only have had 31. I do wonder if this is an example of a growing gap between middle to bottom of the league because let’s be honest if all of this sides lose on Sunday the could be 4 teams below 34 points which would normally ensure relegation but one could survive. That 40 point mark in my mind had dropped to 37/38 but maybe now it’s really get over 35 and you will probably be ok 

18 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

It doesn’t have to be a problem. Something like this will see you right…

IMG_7004.jpeg

Think the folks sitting next to me in the north stand may get a bit miffed!

• Haha 1