Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Everton staying up would surely mean they're gone next season anyway. They've got no money and they need a complete reset.

Would they make more from the parachute payments than they would staying up? Feels a lot like us where they need to go down and have a clear out to then build something proper. 

Leicester going down is the big one, they've got a squad that should be comfortably mid table. And I can't for the life of me see then getting anything against Newcastle in the form their in.

Leeds and Leicester joining Southampton would make for a very entertaining championship next season,  and be great for weakening the top flight.

Yes Everton could be facing a points deduction at the start of next season as well 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

honestly all this chat does is annoy me once again about that home defeat to Leicester!. How irritating a game/ result that was

I still rhink if they kept rodgers they would have stayed up. Bizarre to sack then replace witb deano

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still rhink if they kept rodgers they would have stayed up. Bizarre to sack then replace witb deano

Rodgers deserved to be sacked Smith has a better record than Rodgers did in his last 2 months

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rodgers deserved to be sacked Smith has a better record than Rodgers did in his last 2 months

But rodgers has no relegations on his PL cv and id argue he missed maddison badly. 

I think hw would have done better than smith has personally 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

But rodgers has no relegations on his PL cv and id argue he missed maddison badly. 

I think hw would have done better than smith has personally 

Maddison missed 8 games and a majority was against in form teams except Forest

No relegations on your CV means nothing when you lost the dressing room and playing shit

Can see anything other than Leicester finishing 19th, but I’d absolutely love to be proved wrong. 

Leeds and Everton both dropping in one window would be incredible. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes Everton could be facing a points deduction at the start of next season as well 

In that case I'm happy for them to stop up! I'd love to see them down with Leeds, but pretty sure they'll be one of the favorites for the drop next season as they've no money. Just can't see any fight in Leicester.

• Like 1

If your not best pals with Deano, as I read some are on here. You will have to admit, he has done a pretty* poor job at trying to keep Leicester up. Yes the team has not performed, but it's what Smith was brought into do, get them motivated and winning. Still the players are not interested.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If your not best pals with Deano, as I read some are on here. You will have to admit, he has done a pretty* poor job at trying to keep Leicester up. Yes the team has not performed, but it's what Smith was brought into do, get them motivated and winning. Still the players are not interested.

Yes at the very least he should have got them organised and up for the battle. At the end of the day he took the job knowing the weaknesses. Still it's not all lost yet. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

It’s a weird job for Deano to take. The rot just seems set in with that lot. Half of their starting XI are already on their way out. They’re missing the grafters you need when you’re in a relegation scrap. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i think they would be 20th if they kept rodgers.... from what I've seen, the fans had turned toxic on him and the team stopped playing for him as well..

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

i think the two games with their co-caretakers are the games that screw them this year. Us and Bournemouth at home iirc. I think they might've gotten something if Dean was there for that Bournemouth match. 

That being said, everything looks completely different if Maddison doesn't have his penalty saved vs Everton. I am not saying that Deano would be doing a great job if otherwise, but I don't think they would blow a 3-1 lead vs Everton should that have gone in. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i think they would be 20th if they kept rodgers.... from what I've seen, the fans had turned toxic on him and the team stopped playing for him as well..

i think the two games with their co-caretakers are the games that screw them this year. Us and Bournemouth at home iirc. I think they might've gotten something if Dean was there for that Bournemouth match. 

That being said, everything looks completely different if Maddison doesn't have his penalty saved vs Everton. I am not saying that Deano would be doing a great job if otherwise, but I don't think they would blow a 3-1 lead vs Everton should that have gone in. 

All conjecture chap, it's just another loss, an will be another relegation on his CV, not good.

Leicester fans don't seem to be that bothered about Maddison and Barnes being dropped, more concerned with the midfield, seems they don't rate Soumaré in particular.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Barnes and Maddison dropped to the bench

bad eggs? spent the last week sorting their transfers in the summer? i can only assume the reasoning to be along these lines