Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

Just now, The_Steve said:

Bielsa was ultimately their downfall. The Argentinan MoN - exhausted a tiny squad and never had a plan B. He was rightly sacked at the time and were very lucky they weren’t relegated then. 

Tbf Bielsa has far more tactical nous than O'Neill but he is indeed very overrated (much like O'Neill)

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Rubbish. They would never have been Premier League without him. He did an amazing job with that squad. 

Conceded 114 goals. Shocking defence was never addressed by him either. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

I don’t know if you’ve looked through the squad he came up with?

An incredible achievement to get promotion then finish top half the season after. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

An incredible achievement to get promotion then finish top half the season after. 

Agreed he had league 1 standard players who were going toe to toe with Liverpool (lost) and Man City (drew) in matches.

They needed to sign premier league standard players in his second premier league season but I don’t think they recruited well.

• Like 1

Leeds fans protesting against the owner who got them into the Premier League against all expectations... Idiots.  BTW, research that owner, who controls a lot of football TV rights globally & recently sold merged his company for a fortune.  https://www.dazn.com/en-LA/news/soccer/completion-of-eleven-acquisition-estblishes-dazn-as-the-worlds-ultimate-destination-for-sports-fans/e35a41pvh1tj1l4hpraijd0nq

Edited by Django_Zooms

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

You're right and wrong. He didn't do enough to evolve the squad (did he have the financial backing to do so? Not sure), but he did a magnificent job to bring them up and keep them up first time round with a very limited set of players

7 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not really astonishing, they were competing for champions league just 2 seasons ago.

I expected them to be around 9th/10th.

In any case, to finish where they did is just horrendous.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Rubbish. They would never have been Premier League without him. He did an amazing job with that squad. 

Yep he transformed them. Mistake was getting rid of him. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Apparently Leicester have the 7th highest wage bill in the league, ahead of us in 8th. Astonishing if true.

COVID hurt them more than any other club probably. Owners revenue halted completely, couldn't make any signings Rodgers wanted

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

They finished with 2 less points than we just did. He did amazing for them, until it inevitably went south.