Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

A few theories that Maddison is out because of the conflict of interest with his move to Newcastle pretty much guaranteed.

I think I’ve read somewhere that Newcastle want both Barnes and Maddison.

• Like 1

Seeing a few Leicester fans on their forum saying that they're glad that Maddison has been dropped, seems to be one of those players that has a big reputation amongst fans of other teams but not so much fans of the team he plays for, I think Leicester have a few players like that, Tielemans being another who none of them seem to actually rate.

• Like 3

Quite a difficult one for Smith, didnt he make some strange decisions towards the end here aswell when he dropped Mings and one or 2 others, starting around the hammers game and then up to the southampton game when he was sacked. I can see why he might want them to be defensively tighter, and tbf both maddison and barnes could easily make an impact from the bench.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Seeing a few Leicester fans on their forum saying that they're glad that Maddison has been dropped,

Certainly a handful that think this, but more seem to wonder wtf he's playing at

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If your not best pals with Deano, as I read some are on here. You will have to admit, he has done a pretty* poor job at trying to keep Leicester up. Yes the team has not performed, but it's what Smith was brought into do, get them motivated and winning. Still the players are not interested.

He's an ok Championship manager, but I honestly think Smith would be better off in a youth development role or something, as that is something he genuinely excels at. Certainly I don't think he's cut out for relegation firefighting.

• Like 2

Smith prob knowa he wont be there after laat game so amking a public example of those two. 

If they have no injuries it must be because of attitude. Maddsion does come across as a arrogant  jerkoff

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith prob knowa he wont be there after laat game so amking a public example of those two. 

If they have no injuries it must be because of attitude. Maddsion does come across as a arrogant  jerkoff

Tapped up already, probably knows where he's going.

Very important point that for Leicester. They still have a chance. A loss and it would have been effectively certain relegation (bar some ludicrous goal difference swing).

Going to be one hell of a last day. All three relegation threatened teams at home to midtable-ish opposition. Too tight to call, but Everton obviously a nose ahead of the other two.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I know some don't like Leeds but would love if they did us a favour and other results meant Everton and Leicester both went down

How about Leeds win but still go down? Win-win, except for Leeds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For what it’s worth, I think Leicester will go down but if they do it wasn’t because they played for a draw away at Newcastle.

It’s more to do with Rodgers and judging by what the supporters are saying the general mismanagement of the club. 

“But Smith, Mark, what about Dean Smith?!” I hear you cry. Yes he will take his share of the blame/responsibility too. But as far as his tenure goes, I’m looking at the back to back draws against Leeds and Everton as the games to focus the criticism. One of those needed to be a win. That fairly mad first half against Everton sticks out, a few “what if” moments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

He's an ok Championship manager, but I honestly think Smith would be better off in a youth development role or something, as that is something he genuinely excels at. Certainly I don't think he's cut out for relegation firefighting.

Why on earth would he take a massive cut in salary when he's still probably got 2-3 jobs left in him (albeit at lower level than bottom 6 premier league which is where he's been last two years).

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why on earth would he take a massive cut in salary when he's still probably got 2-3 jobs left in him (albeit at lower level than bottom 6 premier league which is where he's been last two years).

Not saying he would, but it would be a much better long-term option for him. Certainly beats taking on struggling Premier League teams and easing them into relegation doesn't it?

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Not saying he would, but it would be a much better long-term option for him. Certainly beats taking on struggling Premier League teams and easing them into relegation doesn't it?

Needs to find a project club in championship really that's similar to Brentford.

Bristol City would be a good fit. Produce 2-3 good young players a season and not huge pressure to get them up. Blackburn might be another decent fit if that becomes available in near future, maybe Stoke aswell.

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Huge point for Leicester, now win last one and Everton draw and Everton and Leeds go down. I could live with that outcome 

I can't see anything other than an Everton win against Bournemouth. Bournemouth are fairly naff and have nothing to play for, and Everton are pretty decent at home unfortunately.