Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

All 3 teams are crap and shot of confidence, so all of them are more likely to lose than to win. If Leicester pick up a point tomorrow it puts pressure on Everton, because then a draw would not be enough for Everton if Leicester were to win, given the goal difference. Sadly for Leicester I can't see them going to Saudicastle and getting anything other than a thorough beating given how shambolic their defence is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Goodison will be also be a very nervous stadium so it could heap additional pressure on Everton. Bournemouth went to Spurs and turned them over so if they score first Goodison could be very toxic.

I still think there will be a final twist in the relegation saga and as much as I dislike Leicester I hope for Dean’s reputation it’s Leeds and Everton that go down.

Yes that's Spurs. Everybody is beating them. I hope Leicester stay up but I just don't see it 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Won 7 games all season, 3 of them under Frank Lampard

No way its a guarantee

Recent form has been better though. They had that Brighton win and that last gasp goal against wolves will be a boost.

Who knows but leicester have ti take care own results and performances, rather than rely on other teams losing and lately they have been abysmal 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Recent form has been better though. They had that Brighton win and that last gasp goal against wolves will be a boost.

1 win in 10 for Everton

Everton staying up would surely mean they're gone next season anyway. They've got no money and they need a complete reset.

Would they make more from the parachute payments than they would staying up? Feels a lot like us where they need to go down and have a clear out to then build something proper. 

Leicester going down is the big one, they've got a squad that should be comfortably mid table. And I can't for the life of me see then getting anything against Newcastle in the form their in.

Leeds and Leicester joining Southampton would make for a very entertaining championship next season,  and be great for weakening the top flight.

27 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Everton staying up would surely mean they're gone next season anyway. They've got no money and they need a complete reset.

Would they make more from the parachute payments than they would staying up? Feels a lot like us where they need to go down and have a clear out to then build something proper. 

Leicester going down is the big one, they've got a squad that should be comfortably mid table. And I can't for the life of me see then getting anything against Newcastle in the form their in.

Leeds and Leicester joining Southampton would make for a very entertaining championship next season,  and be great for weakening the top flight.

I think leicester will walk the league personally 

Having watched Leicester defend the past few games wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle win 4/5-0 tonight. When Newcastle score their first goal think they will make it 2/3 very quickly, that defence just collapses. 

35 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't know.  Their defence seems really poor, in particular.  Danny Ward has looked poor in goal and Iversen, whilst a success on loan at Preston, hasn't been that much of an improvement. A lot of their recent successes in the league have been founded on having a fast transition from defence to attack which was aided beautifully by Vardy and Mahrez when they won the league.  They no longer have Mahrez (obviously) and Vardy is showing all the signs of aging as a professional player.  Iheanacho, Perez and Daka just haven't provided goals at all - they've been almost entirely reliant on Barnes and Maddison to get their goals which is an awful position to be in (even if those particular players have done relatively well).

I wouldn't necessarily have expected them to go down, but I don't think they're a "comfortably" mid table side.  They're one of those mid-to-bottom-of-the-table teams who could've easily been sucked in - and they have been.

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know.  Their defence seems really poor, in particular.  Danny Ward has looked poor in goal and Iversen, whilst a success on loan at Preston, hasn't been that much of an improvement. A lot of their recent successes in the league have been founded on having a fast transition from defence to attack which was aided beautifully by Vardy and Mahrez when they won the league.  They no longer have Mahrez (obviously) and Vardy is showing all the signs of aging as a professional player.  Iheanacho, Perez and Daka just haven't provided goals at all - they've been almost entirely reliant on Barnes and Maddison to get their goals which is an awful position to be in (even if those particular players have done relatively well).

I wouldn't necessarily have expected them to go down, but I don't think they're a "comfortably" mid table side.  They're one of those mid-to-bottom-of-the-table teams who could've easily been sucked in - and they have been.

Easy to say all that in hindsight.

Noone was predicting Leicester to be in a relegation battle. At the start of the season,  the odds had then finishing 9th, and every pundit going was predicting then a top 10 finish.

They've got a far better team than at least two of those staying up, but their bat shit crazy leadership has screwed them over. Obviously they might still survive but looking extremely unlikely and I don't know anyone that thought they'd be in a relegation battle this season. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think leicester will walk the league personally 

Tielemans, Maddison, probably Barnes and Iheanacho will leave and I expect Vardy to retire

To go with a League 1 level defence and goalkeeper plus no money. They will struggle to get to playoffs

Just now, Zatman said:

Tielemans, Maddison, probably Barnes and Iheanacho will leave and I expect Vardy to retire

To go with a League 1 level defence and goalkeeper plus no money. They will struggle to get to playoffs

I think vardy will stay and try get them up personally . I think iheanancho might stay the others will be offski. I think daka would do well in championship too

Faes would be ok at championship level. I mean even hause looked goid in chanpionship.they also got evans who is still a solid cb

Maybe they will sign a keeper. I mean steer would be good for them if he can ever get himself fit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Noone was predicting Leicester to be in a relegation battle. At the start of the season,  the odds had then finishing 9th, and every pundit going was predicting then a top 10 finish.

They've got a far better team than at least two of those staying up, but their bat shit crazy leadership has screwed them over. Obviously they might still survive but looking extremely unlikely and I don't know anyone that thought they'd be in a relegation battle this season. 

That's probably fair - I didn't expect them to be in a relegation battle - but looking at their squad right now I wouldn't say it's a comfortably mid-table squad.

There are so many teams which look very much alike in terms of strength.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Didn't think Leicester would get relegated but remember thinking they would struggle this season. No signings last summer after a difficult season last season with a league position making it look better then it was, and a manager that's been there for 3 years already just gave the impression it was getting stale but the Premier League is ruthless these days. Cannot stand still. 

Leeds won't be a jojo club like a Fulham or Bournemouth.

Their name alone will turn every game into a cup final for opposition teams.

I do firmly believe that is the reason why it was so difficult for us to get out of it too.

When you carry a big name every team treat you like their cup final.

Good chances they'll be stuck there for a while.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Leeds won't be a jojo club like a Fulham or Bournemouth.

Their name alone will turn every game into a cup final for opposition teams.

I do firmly believe that is the reason why it was so difficult for us to get out of it too.

When you carry a big name every team treat you like their cup final.

Good chances they'll be stuck there for a while.

I agree with this, but the flip side of being the big name is they should have their pick of the players down there too. Nearly everyone will want to join them if asked. We went down and cherry-picked who we wanted.  It was shoddy management that kept us down as long as it did. If they can get the right man in charge then they've no real excuse.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

honestly all this chat does is annoy me once again about that home defeat to Leicester!. How irritating a game/ result that was

There's been some very annoying ones, most recently Wolves, but also games under the scouse nugget as well like losing to Bournemouth, West Ham etc. You'd have to think under Emery we'd have got at least another 9 points somewhere and be in the top 4 push. All we needed was 3 points somewhere else along the season to set up the ultimate match v Brighton. As it is it's still beat them and Europe!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I agree with this, but the flip side of being the big name is they should have their pick of the players down there too. Nearly everyone will want to join them if asked. We went down and cherry-picked who we wanted.  It was shoddy management that kept us down as long as it did. If they can get the right man in charge then they've no real excuse.

They havent the money though. Still have that RB Leipzig court case and buying players like Rutter has been wasteful