Jhon Durán

PieFacE

12 hours ago, useless said:

I doubt we will be sending him to Championship, I can't think of many if any instances of Premier League clubs paying twenty million for a player one window and then sending them to the league below the next window, Championship loans more for our most highly rated academy products who haven't had any first team experience at all, or the ones who've only had first team experience in the lower leagues and are working their way up.

We might not send him out on loan next window at all, as still new to the country and region, so might be deemed to soon to then send him into a another new enviroment just months later and expect him to adopt again, if and when he eventually does go on loan, I imagine a good chance it will be to Vitoria, but I think good chance that he will be our second or third choice striker next season, with game time in Cups, then who knows he might do well enough that a loan not needed

Would be nice if we could have a game where we're comfortably in the lead with twenty or thirty minutes to go, so can bring him on and give him more game time with less pressure.

Hope he can get his first goal before season ends, brilliant finish for national team.

I agree.....if he goes to a championship club, he will get games sure, but the likelyhood is he will be working with sub standard managers to ours.

He needs to stay close to UE......However, game time is a concern.

Ultimately, Unai will know what's best.

The Vitoria option would be great though. Especially if they get European football because he won't miss out on the European experience we're going to have... 

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a massive talent and I’m glad we bought him but I think Archer deserves a chance next year otherwise what’s the point in keeping him. 

If he doesn’t get a chance what message does that send to the Academy players coming through. 

Archer is older and needed to be playing, Durán is younger and ok getting the odd minute here and there.

For me I’d have Archer in and Durán on loan next season, I get it if other disagree though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a massive talent and I’m glad we bought him but I think Archer deserves a chance next year otherwise what’s the point in keeping him. 

If he doesn’t get a chance what message does that send to the Academy players coming through. 

Archer is older and needed to be playing, Durán is younger and ok getting the odd minute here and there.

For me I’d have Archer in and Durán on loan next season, I get it if other disagree though. 

I think archer is probably good enough to start in the prem so I'd imagine we'd loan him to a lower table prem club. I could see us loaning him to middlesbrough if they get promoted for instance. 

On 05/04/2023 at 18:31, villa4europe said:

But is being loaned out to say Preston or Bristol really better for his development than him staying at villa and increasing the duration of his cameos?

As an 18/19 year old Colombian kid?

Loans are not always the answer, I think he'll develop more here with us, trust that emery will do what's right and not be archer mkII where we keep him but then don't bother to play him 

Maybe, but I think Emery will want another option to be backup for Watkins if we're going to compete next season.  He's looking too raw for me

11 minutes ago, Adman said:

Maybe, but I think Emery will want another option to be backup for Watkins if we're going to compete next season.  He's looking too raw for me

Winger....

I think the answer is when Watkins / duran / archer dont score then the goal comes from somewhere else in the team 

The market for wingers is a lot better than the CF market

I don't think villas problem is Watkins or a 20 goal a season CF I think it's team goals, more match winners, Watkins gets 12 goals next year but the winger gets 10, the AMC gets 8, the CM get 5 each... Then we see where we are, if Watkins has an off day I don't want to look at the bench and get the £30m back up on I want the £60m winger on the pitch to do it instead 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Winger....

I think the answer is when Watkins / duran / archer dont score then the goal comes from somewhere else in the team 

The market for wingers is a lot better than the CF market

I don't think villas problem is Watkins or a 20 goal a season CF I think it's team goals, more match winners, Watkins gets 12 goals next year but the winger gets 10, the AMC gets 8, the CM get 5 each... Then we see where we are, if Watkins has an off day I don't want to look at the bench and get the £30m back up on I want the £60m winger on the pitch to do it instead 

Agree with that, but if watkins gets injured? If we get into Europe and try to compete in the domestic cups - It would currently totally derail out season as Duran isn't there yet imo.  

I just can't see us loaning Duran out to a UK club. The lad will need to feel part of 'the family' something emery has stressed is hugely important to his running of our club.

I would guess he will have been analysed in training since he got here, given time to acclimatise and make roots here and be given work to do preseason and then analysed again.

Emery has said he wants 2 players for each position so we know another forward is most likely going to be signed. That doesn't mean Duran will be sent out on loan, but if he is, I would imagine it would be to vitoria to cement our 'partnership'.

8 minutes ago, Adman said:

Agree with that, but if watkins gets injured? If we get into Europe and try to compete in the domestic cups - It would currently totally derail out season as Duran isn't there yet imo. 

Duran and archer

Assuming Watkins stays as first choice which I'm almost certain he will I don't see who we'd be buying and for how much that would be a second choice striker that would be better than the potential of what we already have

We sell archer for say £10-15m and buy a back up who we think is better for more more money or we loan out duran and get someone else in a short term fix, an old head on more money or a young development guy with a bigger transfer fee... I just don't see the swings and roundabouts of it all, stick with those 3 and chase the best wide man / men that we can which we need to do anyway

Watkins is out the goals come from the team not just from archer / duran

The problem isn't that we don't have a 2nd choice striker who can chip in with 10-15 goals a season it's that we have Ramsey, Bailey, Buendia as first teamers who aren't chipping in with 10-15 goals between them

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I just can't see us loaning Duran out to a UK club. The lad will need to feel part of 'the family' something emery has stressed is hugely important to his running of our club.

I would guess he will have been analysed in training since he got here, given time to acclimatise and make roots here and be given work to do preseason and then analysed again.

Emery has said he wants 2 players for each position so we know another forward is most likely going to be signed. That doesn't mean Duran will be sent out on loan, but if he is, I would imagine it would be to vitoria to cement our 'partnership'.

I think the other striker we sign will be a less conventional type like a Deulofeu who could play alongside Ollie and lead the line at a push, meaning Ollie and Duran would be our no 9 type options with two or three players capable of playing alongside.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Top man

Seems like he's acknowledging Ollie's supreme form whilst hinting at his acceptance of being patient at the start of his Villa career. Good noises.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How can you not love this guy? I’m glad we have him now without the pressure of just throwing him in at the deep end, but with gradual game time and match day experience. 

Good vibes so far. I think he should get his full debut vs Saudicastle to counter their height. Bring on Bert if he's not effective enough.

43 minutes ago, brommy said:

Seems like he's acknowledging Ollie's supreme form whilst hinting at his acceptance of being patient at the start of his Villa career. Good noises.

The syntax of his tweets is kind of endearing. 

• Like 1

Duran already has experience playing regularly at a reasonable level in the MLS so I don’t think a loan spell is urgently required for him. Emery previously mentioned he likes players with “different profiles”, I think he likes that Duran is a lot more physical than our other forward options even if he is still very much a prospect at this point. Best case scenario we get into Europe and can prove himself at that level.

• Thanks 2

I think with Emery it might make more sense to keep certain players at the club rather than send them on loan, as they'd learn more. First team football is very useful but it's not the be all and end all, especially when we have an elite coach in charge. 

Â