Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I'd say he definitely needs a loan. He needs to know what it's like to play every game, twice a week and enjoy the ups and downs of life in the Championship. He'll get far more from that then 5 minutes here and there at Villa. He isn't going to displace Watkins any time soon, and I'd be fairly certain we'll be after a proper top motch forward in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'd say he definitely needs a loan. He needs to know what it's like to play every game, twice a week and enjoy the ups and downs of life in the Championship. He'll get far more from that then 5 minutes here and there at Villa. He isn't going to displace Watkins any time soon, and I'd be fairly certain we'll be after a proper top motch forward in the summer.

See I'm not, I think we'll go after at least 1 maybe 2 wide men and expect more goals from a front 3, Watkins will still be first choice CF

Duran and Archer as back up

It'll also depend on his performance at the U20 WC. If he's scores lots of goals and performs well then he'll probably want to start more matches and have more minutes, but I trust Unai to deal with such a situation the best possible way and guide him to the best outcome both for him and the club 

• Like 1

I doubt we will be sending him to Championship, I can't think of many if any instances of Premier League clubs paying twenty million for a player one window and then sending them to the league below the next window, Championship loans more for our most highly rated academy products who haven't had any first team experience at all, or the ones who've only had first team experience in the lower leagues and are working their way up.

We might not send him out on loan next window at all, as still new to the country and region, so might be deemed to soon to then send him into a another new enviroment just months later and expect him to adopt again, if and when he eventually does go on loan, I imagine a good chance it will be to Vitoria, but I think good chance that he will be our second or third choice striker next season, with game time in Cups, then who knows he might do well enough that a loan not needed

Would be nice if we could have a game where we're comfortably in the lead with twenty or thirty minutes to go, so can bring him on and give him more game time with less pressure.

Hope he can get his first goal before season ends, brilliant finish for national team.

55 minutes ago, burchy said:

Could we send him on loan to Vitoria, decent league and I think he’d have the measure of their current forward line so would get plenty of minutes.

This could definitely be an option i think!

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

See I'm not, I think we'll go after at least 1 maybe 2 wide men and expect more goals from a front 3, Watkins will still be first choice CF

Duran and Archer as back up

I really don't know if we'll sign a CF who is direct competition for Watkins and who will rarely play up top with him. The soundings seem to point in direction that we will.

Hopefully it's a player adaptable who can play with him or in place of him. 

I’d like to see a younger Watkins comp signing, hard runner, tireless work ethic, etc

This player and Archer as Watkins main competition with a younger Durán replacement come in as the 4th option/cup option (Karim Konate please).

Durán can then go out on loan

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’d like to see a younger Watkins comp signing, hard runner, tireless work ethic, etc

This player and Archer as Watkins main competition with a younger Durán replacement come in as the 4th option/cup option (Karim Konate please).

Durán can then go out on loan

So....... Durán?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

Can't wait for the scenes when he does score :) hopefully it's in front of the Holte.

Money on booking for him for diving into the crowd or something.

He will pick up cards for fun I think.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I really don't know if we'll sign a CF who is direct competition for Watkins and who will rarely play up top with him. The soundings seem to point in direction that we will.

Hopefully it's a player adaptable who can play with him or in place of him. 

I think the goalscoring wide man is easier and that's why we'll go for that instead 

Striker market isn't as good or as easy

10 goals from a winger and we don't need a 20+ goal CF

Watkins with 15, winger with 10, Ramsey/ Buendia push for say 8 and the problem is largely fixed 

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

So....... Durán?

Is he ready for that though? I’d argue not. He’s only playing every game at the moment as we don’t have any other strikers in the squad. 

Hasn’t Emery already come out and said he’s one for the future and that they’d be looking at getting a more senior striker in?

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Is he ready for that though? I’d argue not. He’s only playing every game at the moment as we don’t have any other strikers in the squad. 

Hasn’t Emery already come out and said he’s one for the future and that they’d be looking at getting a more senior striker in?

Emery sent Archer out on loan and brought Duran in and kept him in the picture from day 1. 

Duran is getting minutes now in very important games which shows Emery trusts him. Other youngsters are not being shown the same level of trust that he is, they've not been recalled or have been sent back out on loan (Archer, KKH etc.)

For me, he is more than capable physically (I'd argue he's already pretty much the best athlete at the club) and has shown enough in cameo's and his international apps to be in the picture for next season. 

Of course he's going to say he's one for the future, he doesn't want to place pressure on a kid who's just turned 19 years old. But this kid looks to have the capacity to progress incredibly quickly, which is most likely the reason we paid £18m to snap him up. 

Â