Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Duran and archer

Assuming Watkins stays as first choice which I'm almost certain he will I don't see who we'd be buying and for how much that would be a second choice striker that would be better than the potential of what we already have

We sell archer for say £10-15m and buy a back up who we think is better for more more money or we loan out duran and get someone else in a short term fix, an old head on more money or a young development guy with a bigger transfer fee... I just don't see the swings and roundabouts of it all, stick with those 3 and chase the best wide man / men that we can which we need to do anyway

Watkins is out the goals come from the team not just from archer / duran

I disagree and so does Emery, we need another striker whatever happens to Duran, whether he stays in the squad or goes out on loan.

Edited by nick76

45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d like a game to be comfortable at some stage and Duran to get a good 25/30 min run out 

Maybe Brentford,  they ain't handling us on current form, they look a bit tired and I'm  expecting it to be all over by 60 minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe Brentford,  they ain't handling us on current form, they look a bit tired and I'm  expecting it to be all over by 60 minutes. 

I like the confidence but let's be cautious too, they're a good side. We are liable to get tired at some point too, especially the likes of Ollie.

• Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 10:23, sidcow said:

Can't wait till he gets on and isn't booked 😁

The booking at the weekend was so harsh. The amount Newcastle got away without being booked for and then he got booked for something virtually irrelevant and not at all dangerous. 

Very soft. 

I liked him taking it to the corner. Showed an old head is on those young shoulders and assume it was what Emery asked him to do. With the game won, it didn't matter what he did. But there will be times he needs to come on and do that for real, and getting some practice in was a cherry on the cake moment for that game. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The booking at the weekend was so harsh. The amount Newcastle got away without being booked for and then he got booked for something virtually irrelevant and not at all dangerous. 

Very soft. 

I liked him taking it to the corner. Showed an old head is on those young shoulders and assume it was what Emery asked him to do. With the game won, it didn't matter what he did. But there will be times he needs to come on and do that for real, and getting some practice in was a cherry on the cake moment for that game. 

It was very harsh. I am jesting. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest. 

I don't see a lot of potential in him from watching him play. 

But it's going to be hard to find a quality striker willing to play second fiddle to Watkins. 

Regardless I trust Unai. If he rates him then I will trust him. 

• Like 1

Â