Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd say a League 1 loan is never gonna happen. As another poster said, Benfica were after this guy. He's not a mug.

Teams dont really loan 20 million strikers to the Championship never mind League 1

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What’s so hard to understand about keeping him around and developing him?

I suspect concerns over lack of competitive game time that could prevent his development.

38 minutes ago, brommy said:

I suspect concerns over lack of competitive game time that could prevent his development.

There’s no reason not to believe that we will build his minutes up next season and involve him in cup competitions.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

There’s no reason not to believe that we will build his minutes up next season and involve him in cup competitions.

I wasn't necessarily saying he should be loaned out but suggesting why some may believe he should be. This may be influenced by Villa's typically short amount of cup games through poor results or freakishly common ties against top class opponents - both of which can stunt the game time of fringe players.

I'll be slightly surprised if Duran does get loaned out.  If he were, possibly Spain, but I really can't see Duran being loaned out to the EFL. Either way, I  trust Emery to do the correct thing for Villa's and Jhon's medium and long term interests.

Lack of action is an interesting one. Mostly excellent in every cameo.

Let's remember though, although we're light overall, we also have a £30m defender on the bench also not getting a sniff.

Unai will get him in when he thinks the time is right. And he's earned trust to make the correct decision.

A goal at Old Trafford if you get the call please Jhon boy.

People need to remember that he joined us in the middle of the MLS offseason this January, so he was no where near match fitness.  He's also just moved to Europe for the first time and is adapting to not only life in England, but life in the Premier League.  I really don't expect to see much of him this season, but I can see him battling with Archer this summer for a rotational/cup place in the squad with the other going out on a season long loan.  

• Like 2

I may have said before but I believe he speaks Portuguese and Spanish. If he does speak Portuguese and the link with Vitoria is a good one, get him a season in the top league, playing in Europe, getting up to speed. Otherwise if it is just Spanish then Emery and his staff, with the recruitment team will surely have an idea of the best club for him to go out and develop at in Spain. 

As much as I want him around the club I also think he's very young, very used to playing regularly and I don't think him falling behind a big money striker and then an academy graduate in Archer would be something he'd take well. 4th choice striker for a team that plays 1 person up top and that one person is an absolute machine who is never injured or unfit cannot be a sellable prospect. 

Get him out somewhere he's comfortable, getting minutes and learning the men's game in Europe. 

45 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just a shame that emery won't even trust him for more than 10 mins. Lots of other teenagers making an impact this season in the prem ,

Serious question... Which ones?

Elliot at Liverpool and he's just turned 20, garnacho at utd, gnonto at leeds

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Serious question... Which ones?

Elliot at Liverpool and he's just turned 20, garnacho at utd, gnonto at leeds

I was thinking Ferguson Colwill amd Ensiso at Brighton, bajcetic at Liverpool. Rico Lewis at Man City .Lavia at Southampton 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He's raw as heck and Emery is meticulous. He doesn't make changes for the sake of it. He's in to win every game and every clean sheet.

He isn't going to chuck him in just cause.

Wasnt really questioning why he isnt playing.as such and wasnt a dig at God. Just questioning that other similarly placed clubs have played their 18 and 19 year olds. Spending that money on him would have suggested he was good enough to play more minutes. Especially with Ollie running on fumes the last 2 games. 

• Like 1

I think the reason he hasn't been thrown in has been the closeness of our recent games. Newcastle aside we've not really managed to put a game to bed which has reduced our opportunity. 

I think in Dhurans run outs he's brought energy but often signs of a little lack of discipline and maturity. The melt down after conceding to arsenal and throwing himself to the ground when not taking a chance spring to mind. 

I love his energy but I suspect Emery will demand more before he gets a proper chance. 

Watch him score a winner today now

16 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I was thinking Ferguson Colwill amd Ensiso at Brighton, bajcetic at Liverpool. Rico Lewis at Man City .Lavia at Southampton 

But none of those were January signings Encisio has averaged 14 minutes per game since the start of the season, Colwill 29 minutes, Lavia 64 minutes oer game , Bajcetic 18 minutes per game,  Rico lewis 19 minutes per game. Ferguson 22 minutes per game. Obviously the names above have started games for their respective clubs but the key element here is that they’ve all been eased into the starting 11 with similar minutes to Duran initially. Druan’s average minutes since joining is 7 minutes per game he has 3 less appearances than Rico Lewis another factor is all the players above play in less competitive positions Evan Ferguson might be the exception but he’s competing with a 32 year old Danny Welbeck not the second most inform striker in the league. The only nailed on starter out of the lot is Romeo Lavia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think same as the keeper and the 2 kids we've named in the last couple of games Emery sees a real value in just being part of the match day squad

He will be developing and learning what it's all about even if he's not on the pitch kicking the ball, have him sat behind the staff listening to the instructions seeing the reactions learning what's expected of him 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think same as the keeper and the 2 kids we've named in the last couple of games Emery sees a real value in just being part of the match day squad

He will be developing and learning what it's all about even if he's not on the pitch kicking the ball, have him sat behind the staff listening to the instructions seeing the reactions learning what's expected of him 

You can lear alot tactically from the sidelines it’s often the reason why so many bit part players make good managers.

Â