Jhon Durán

PieFacE

58 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hence why I said if the game was comfortable. 

No game is comfortable when you are looking to qualify for Europe. Not uncommon in the Premier league for teams to come back from 3 down. Wether the game is comfortable or not now is not the time to risk it.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hence why I said if the game was comfortable. 

Such game won't come. 

This battle for Europe will go to the wire. 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would say at the moment Archer looks like he has more potential- though he is a different type of player. Still looks very raw. Not sure on our next steps with him, maybe a loan out. But we will need to bring at least one more  forward in before we do that.

A loan to Vitoria perhaps?

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I'll be honest. 

I don't see a lot of potential in him from watching him play. 

But it's going to be hard to find a quality striker willing to play second fiddle to Watkins. 

Regardless I trust Unai. If he rates him then I will trust him. 

He's played 78 mins of PL football, mostly once we're 1, 2 or 3 goals up 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's played 78 mins of PL football, mostly once we're 1, 2 or 3 goals up 🤣🤣🤣

and if he scored instead of hitting the bar at Man City, he would have been the second coming.

This is our previously mentality kicking in again. Sign a promising player and then try and get him in or around the 1st team on the pitch.

Unless he massively improves over the summer he will be one for the future.

Yes 13 million was a good amount of money but hey ho, if he needs to develop then that's what will happen.

I expect archer will be looked at again in the summer and a decision to keep or sell him will come.

We need another senior striker at the club no matter what, I'm not sure next season it will be duran, I'm not pinning any hopes on it, only that we are starting to play the transfer game like the rest do.

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would say at the moment Archer looks like he has more potential- though he is a different type of player. Still looks very raw. Not sure on our next steps with him, maybe a loan out. But we will need to bring at least one more  forward in before we do that.

Archer is 2 years older. Duran at 19 vs Archer at 19 then Duran has the more potential. 

He's a (barely) 19 year old striker who's just come in from a league in a different continent, whose main competitor is the most in-form striker in the league. He'll keep training at a Premier League level with a Premier League team and an elite manager over the coming months, and will get an increased runout next season once he's more settled and used to the level.

Despite his few cameos, he already looks almost physically capable to play at this level: which is very good for his age. The sheer amount of power he can put into his shots with minimal windup is genuinely terrifying: once the other parts of his game improve (which they will) he will be a serious, serious talent.

Benfica really wanted this guy (and would have also cost them £20m). Their record with signing young talent, particularly forwards, is top notch: huge profits on Enzo and Nunez alone this season. You're not going to be their (approx) 3rd most expensive signing at the age of 19 if you don't have something about you.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

His spell at Solihull (at 19) vs Duran spell in the MSL (At 18).
Also Duran (19) Cameo's in the PL vs Archers in the PL (20/21)

Is that it?

You are basing it on where they were when they were 18/19.

Ignoring Archer's 2 very good recent loans?

Ignoring the fact that Archer is still only 21 and probably will still improve?

Assuming that Duran will become a top striker, which I hope he does, but he really has not shown much yet?

Archer is clearly the better striker at this time, and Duran has a way to go in 2 years to be as good.

23 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I'll be honest. 

I don't see a lot of potential in him from watching him play. 

But it's going to be hard to find a quality striker willing to play second fiddle to Watkins. 

Regardless I trust Unai. If he rates him then I will trust him. 

Jesus christ give the kid a chance someone obviously see's the potential in him, he's probably got a year in league One followed by a year in the Championship to prove that potential.

Â