Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Archer and Duran are fundamentally different types of player: we can be sure that Archer is more of a goalscorer, judging from his time at PNE and Boro. Duran seems to be a bruiser who can hold up play and bring people in (although we've only seen him in fits and starts). Can see both of them being in our matchday squads next season. 

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I'm only comparing their levels of maturity. I'll edit my original post.

It's probably equally valid though. 

Very very very few 19 year old will show the same level of maturity at Bellingham. 

You're still comparing a single massive outlier with what Duran is. 

Just now, sidcow said:

It's probably equally valid though. 

Very very very few 19 year old will show the same level of maturity at Bellingham. 

You're still comparing a single massive outlier with what Duran is. 

I'm not expecting him to be as mature as Bellingham but I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little disappointed by Duran so far, he's like a headless chicken.

14 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I'm not expecting him to be as mature as Bellingham but I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little disappointed by Duran so far, he's like a headless chicken.

Feel this is reasonable but for the minuscule amount minutes on the pitch and culture shock. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He’s only had 90 minutes over 9 games since January, hasn’t had much of a chance 

I watched the incident with Shaw back and noticed that he was actually trying to rile Shaw without going ott and when shaw chested him back he went straight to the Ref and complained. He then ‘accidentally’ tripped shaw and shaw was getting more and more agitated. That shows ‘cleverness’ in my books or whatever it is they call it. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I watched the incident with Shaw back and noticed that he was actually trying to rile Shaw without going ott and when shaw chested him back he went straight to the Ref and complained. He then ‘accidentally’ tripped shaw and shaw was getting more and more agitated. That shows ‘cleverness’ in my books or whatever it is they call it. 

Why is it clever, we're a goal down in the last few minutes and he slowed the game costing us about a minute or two of injury time. Frustrating and unfortunately expected. 

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Why is it clever, we're a goal down in the last few minutes and he slowed the game costing us about a minute or two of injury time. Frustrating and unfortunately expected. 

It’s the ref’s job to stop the clock though. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trying to judge him one way or another, at this stage is mental.

Only a few weeks left until we judge a new signed player based on a 7 minute YouTube video with questionable music! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trying to judge him one way or another, at this stage is mental.

For me its not judging i just think archer would add something to the squad with all these injuries.

I think it was a mistake sending archer out and not duran. I think archer is ready for 20-30 mins personally. Duran i think would benefit a loan in championship 

• Like 1

Â