Oasis: This is their thread

useless

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Always found the music bafflingly popular (one or two exceptions aside) and both brothers (especially Liam) thoroughly unlikeable. 

Meh basically.

They've benefitted hugely from there being very little competition, even now there's no one to lay a glove on them, Arctic Monkeys aside who has there been since them on that scale? Who is there now? The 1975?

But they are an incredible band, their music is simplistic and borrows / steals and is heavily influenced by other great bands, the problem with criticising oasis usually starts with the belief that that's a bad thing

i must be the only oasis fan that hasn't seen them live. reckon i'll ever get to? there have been numerous other bands out there with bigger issues that have managed to play on stage together again...you'd think at some stage 2 brothers would be able to

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Always found the music bafflingly popular (one or two exceptions aside) and both brothers (especially Liam) thoroughly unlikeable. 

Meh basically.

Sing a long pop rock fronted by complete dickheads.

Hard pass for me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Status Quo chord sequences with floppy hair and Mancy attitude.

They massively ran out of ideas after the first 2 albums, got carried away with their own sense of self-importance (and probably tons of cocaine) and became a parody of themselves.

But if you aren't too precious about musical innovation or lyrics that make sense, they had an amazing energy and a huge sound

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i must be the only oasis fan that hasn't seen them live. reckon i'll ever get to? there have been numerous other bands out there with bigger issues that have managed to play on stage together again...you'd think at some stage 2 brothers would be able to

I've seen Liam and Noel live separately (Liam supporting the Stones, Noel at Glasto), but never had a chance to see Oasis. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy tickets for either of them, and never bothered with their solo albums.

The thing about the old Oasis live videos on YouTube is how out of time it all sounds. Liam's always singing half a beat ahead. Massive mess, but still looks fun. There's a few old vids of Slide Away and Supersonic that look epic.

Loved them during their 90's heyday, but as I grew out of my teens I realised the majority of their lyrics were rhythmic, non-sensical guff. Achieved a lot but very overrated.

Can't understand why they've generated so many tribute acts. There's artists/bands with much greater bodies of work.

• Like 1

Â