Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It's okay lads, only Manure next!

With Stevie yes would've have been worried, but with Unai not in the slightest. Not saying we're going to win but I'm know we'll have a fighting chance. I'm sure players will be pumped in his first game and they'll be strategically standing in the right place. 

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Pope is better than Emi, Wilson is better than Ings, Trippier is 10x better than Cash, I don't even know who's their LB but he's better than Young/Digne, Almiron eats Bailey for lunch...

Spot on regarding Trippier tbf. Bailey's last chance under Emery.

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We're away from home against a top 4 side who are absolutely flying. 

We matched them first half. 

Players are good enough 

Most of our players not all of them.  We've been unlucky that Kamara and Carlos haven't been able to sort out the weakness in our spine.  But with them back, a new CM and hopefully a new forward (either a striker or a right wide player) the balance of the team will be much better.  We need some of our players to be bench options rather than starters.  And we need a couple of leaders on the pitch.  Too many players go missing when the chips are down.  We are a couple of good signings adrift still.

Just now, DCJonah said:

My anger is solely with Purslow. Look what they've achieved in 12 months whilst we **** around with the next big thing in management. 

It's a fair point. Undermined a whole load of the good that they achieved. Let's see how the Emery appointment plays out before we give up though. 

Just now, Paul33 said:

I would love to slap Luiz, Watkins and Coutinho for being so useless and evidently without a care for anything on the front of their shirts. Boy do we need a clearout fast !!!

Luiz is the one player who had a good game, he’s been excellent for most of it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Almost identically to the KMac games , looked revitalised one game shite the next.

I was on holiday in Cornwall and dragging my girlfriend, now wife, around to find a pub that had the game on. Unfortunately we found one!

• Haha 1