Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think it’s clear emery needs to ship a lot of from this team.

olsen

mingd

konsa 

mcginn 

young

bailey

watkins

for starters

Newcastle fans were saying the same thing about Joelinton, Almiron and many more last year.

• Like 2

Just now, Awol said:

Luiz is the one player who had a good game, he’s been excellent for most of it 

Luiz has been dreadful. Complete contrast from last week like the whole team.

• Like 3

Just now, punkiller1981 said:

I think it’s clear emery needs to ship a lot of from this team.

olsen

mingd

konsa 

mcginn 

young

bailey

watkins

for starters

Mings has been one of our better players today and Young is solid cover. Just not a starter. Although he’ll probably retire at the end of the season. Bailey also still has potential in him. It’ll be interesting to see how Emery works with him.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Look where Newcastle were this time last year. There's plenty of good times to come hopefully. Hard to believe it, but if they can turn that shitshow around, so can we.

Yeah, I'll bet their sites were full of comments about the players not been good enough 12 months ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Just so you know DC these shit players are DS signings.

You got what you wanted, i always said it was the players, proof is in the pudding.

Same players won 4-0 last week. Unchanged XI

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

It's a fair point. Undermined a whole load of the good that they achieved. Let's see how the Emery appointment plays out before we give up though. 

I don’t think the Emery  appointment is anything to do with the bloke who appointed the last manager. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

My anger is solely with Purslow. Look what they've achieved in 12 months whilst we **** around with the next big thing in management. 

I agree to an extent. Purslow must be accountable too.

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Just so you know DC these shit players are DS signings.

You got what you wanted, i always said it was the players, proof is in the pudding.

I got what I wanted? 

Why did we sack Gerrard if its just the players? 

The proof is in the pudding. Newcastle, in the space of 12 months, have massively overtaken us as a club. 

That's down to Purslow IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Mings has been one of our better players today and Young is solid cover. Just not a starter. Although he’ll probably retire at the end of the season. Bailey also still has potential in him. It’ll be interesting to see how Emery works with him.

Still defending Mings ffs.

Saying he's one of our better players today is a bit meaningless don't you think? Truly hope the new manager uses a better barometer with which to judge our players than "Well at least he's not as shit at what he does as Ollie Watkins, let's not look to improve that position then."