A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll throw this out there - I don't mind a veggie full English every now and again. 

giphy.gif

Bits of it are pretty good these days. If you don't mind cheap sausages, there are loads of veggie ones that hit the spot. The Richmond ones are good, they taste just like I remember the meat ones and probably have the same meat %. I hated black pudding anyway. A Saturday morning with toast, beans, hash browns and sausages, and I'm a happy camper.

The bacon is shit though, it all tastes of frazzles, and to go a step further and go for a vegan full English, nobody has come anywhere close to something like a fried egg, so I really miss those two.

Whenever discussing veggie breakfasts, I remember a time back when I ate meat, one of my exes ordered the veggie breakfast from a Spoons at an airport years ago, and the server walked over, put down mine with a "here's the breakfast", then turned to her and said "here's your....whatever this thing is". Thanks mate. Bon Appetite to you too.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

I keep meaning to try this place out in Lichfield, the Damn Fine Cafe. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186376-d778114-Reviews-Damn_Fine_Cafe-Lichfield_Staffordshire_England.html

Damn-fine-cafe.jpgDamn-fine-cafe.jpg

Anyone been? @StefanAVFC @fightoffyour

Meant to do excellent brekkies, including ones served in yorkies, which might appeal to @villa4europe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186376-d778114-Reviews-Damn_Fine_Cafe-Lichfield_Staffordshire_England.html

Meant to do excellent brekkies, including ones served in yorkies, which might appeal to @villa4europe

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

No but it looks awesome

Yeah I'd say no way that's crazy wierd I'd never do that... I once had a curry served in a giant yorkshire pudding it was mad how well it worked

Like I said I've yet to find a breakfast I said no to so I'd give it a go, it'd need more beans than what's in that photo to work though

Edit - same with the normal breakfast photo, 3 hash Browns, 2 slices of fried bread, that needs a good sized portion of beans 

Edited by villa4europe

12 hours ago, Xela said:

It opened when I was a poor student and then I'd already moved away. Seen it a lot and always meant to go but never managed. Yorkie and breakfast though, that's gravy on fish levels of debauchery. 

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It opened when I was a poor student and then I'd already moved away. Seen it a lot and always meant to go but never managed. Yorkie and breakfast though, that's gravy on fish levels of debauchery. 

I say get gravy in that yorkie as well as the FEB

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Is there a dress code ?

Erm...asking for a friend...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Decent effort but too much fried bread for me. 2 slices tops as its basically a solidified heart attack on a plate.  The egg looks a little floppy and some black pudding wouldn't go amiss but overall it looks edible.  The plate on the right I mean, the Yorkshire is a step to madness. 

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Decent effort but too much fried bread for me. 2 slices tops as its basically a solidified heart attack on a plate.  The egg looks a little floppy and some black pudding wouldn't go amiss but overall it looks edible.  The plate on the right I mean, the Yorkshire is a step to madness. 

It's a poached egg isn't it?

"Yeah let's cook the eggs in the healthiest way possible then chuck on a loaf of deep fried bread!"

There might be black pudding in the middle. The sausages aren't even visible.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

It's a poached egg isn't it?

"Yeah let's cook the eggs in the healthiest way possible then chuck on a loaf of deep fried bread!"

There might be black pudding in the middle. The sausages aren't even visible.

The sausages are poking through at the top of the plate. Look like chipolatas.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

My lad has his lunch on there most days, says the food is banging 

• Thanks 1

Re: black pudding - even more so than with sausages, quality is crucial. At its best it's the food of the gods, at its worst, horrible shite. I feel sad when I hear people saying "Tried it once, never again". They obviously got the wrong stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Re: black pudding - even more so than with sausages, quality is crucial. At its best it's the food of the gods, at its worst, horrible shite. I feel sad when I hear people saying "Tried it once, never again". They obviously got the wrong stuff. 

That might be me. I’ve only eaten it on a breakfast a few times, I can stomach a little bit if it’s cooked but I’m not a fan. It’s entirely possible that a greasy spoon cafe doesn’t sell the best quality black pudding and maybe I’ve not tried good quality. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That might be me. I’ve only eaten it on a breakfast a few times, I can stomach a little bit if it’s cooked but I’m not a fan. It’s entirely possible that a greasy spoon cafe doesn’t sell the best quality black pudding and maybe I’ve not tried good quality. 

Yep. As in my posts upthread, I've had BP in two different hotel breakfasts this week - one was delicious, one inedible. 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2022 at 20:06, villa4europe said:

its all about contrasting textures between the numerous

I pretty much came at the most eloquent and poetic description used with respect to a Full English Breakfast I ever did read. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Not one of my favourites I'll be honest. I've had it often enough and will again, but generally if it's part of the default I'll always swap it for white pudding over here (because duh, that's the 2nd best thing on the plate) or get an extra egg (the first best).

• Like 1

Â