A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

20 hours ago, chappy said:

Put your beans on a low ish heat when you put the hash browns/sausages in the oven (ie. start of the cooking process). By the time they’re all done the beans will have a good amount of juice left. Of course you need to stir a lashing of Henderson’s Relish through them before serving.

Cook my own breakfast? Are you mad! :P 

I can't be bothered at home, when you live on your own, its just too much hassle. Its my occasional weekend pub treat or when I'm away :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like the beans in one of those little dishes, 

Yes!

I'm glad somebody else gets it. I was beginning to think I was the only sane voice in this asylum. 

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Had an Irish breakfast for 2 consecutive days this summer that came with the holy trinity of soda bread, potato bread, and potato farls! Not to mention the white pudding. Actually I did have to mention it, because it didn't come as standard, but they did provide it as an extra for free.

Aren't potato bread/farls the same thing?

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No worries, I meant from your user name! Yes that sounds about right now you say it. All lovely stuff.

All good.They do toasted halved soda bread with melted cheese on in the canteen at work.Quality with a slice of bacon and brown sauce on it.

Edited by Derryvillan
Spelling x2
  • Like 1

That pot is not the worst crime on that plate

Buttered sodding baguette? on an ENGLISH breakfast.

Please put whoever served that up against a wall and shoot them as a traitor

French bread on an English Breakfast, an absolutely heinous crime!

(Oh and the eggs are totally overcooked)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Knowing @Xelaand his penchant for separatist beans, what are his thoughts regarding tinned tomatoes served in a mini crockpot as a central feature ? 🤔

Screenshot_20221202_163601.jpg

Never mind the sloppy toms (yes, I would say it needs to be in a separate pot) but where the frig is the sausage?! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have my own predjudices about a FEB, but I have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. Put whatever you enjoy on there, it's all good. 

Except spinach, obviously. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Fried or grilled tomatoes maybe, but aren't tinned tomatoes just a lazy mess of nothingness?

Tinned tomatoes are for cooking, nothing to do with breakfast.

Great with fried bread but that’s it for me. 

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Nightmare for @Xelahere but surely compensated by the amount of sausage AND white pudding ?

Surely ??

Screenshot_20221204_115757.jpg

I don't mind the sausages in the beans, as that is the only item I will allow to be violated by bean juice. I'd prefer my beans a little less runny though. 

Also, was the toaster broken ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of bean juice is killing it, especially when there's them not some proper toast to mop it up

I also wouldnt be able to eat 6 sausages, if that reduced down to 2 or 3 even if it was compensated with more bacon I reckon I'd give that a good go

• Like 2

Â