A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

If I’m cooking it, I’m having:

3 x turkey and caramelised red onion sausages

2 x smokey bacon, crispy 

2 x hash browns (cauli ones do make a nice change) 

2 x fried eggs, runny so I can mash up with my hash browns

Mushrooms, ideally portabello

Beans, each bean in its own ramekin

2 x Whole grain toast

Sriracha sauce

A favourite tradition for me is making a sandwich from the ingredients, usually bacon and egg with a few beans and mushroom. I love to munch that and still have a decent breakfast left.

34 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

A favourite tradition for me is making a sandwich from the ingredients, usually bacon and egg with a few beans and mushroom. I love to munch that and still have a decent breakfast left.

Oi! Get your own ideas! 

Just FYI mushrooms in any situation are basically illegal. So…

10 hours ago, Xela said:

So, moving slightly on from what makes a good breakfast. Next question is where? What places do the best full English?

not claiming them to be the best, but wetherspoons has to get a mention for value for money

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xann said:

So you found sausage Nirvana?

Does it have a name?

The sausage, not the establishment.

Latchford sausage are hard to beat, tried Parker's, who have a good rep and imo Latchfords get the nod. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Its a tricky one, when I have one now I'd never have chips with it. But if I have an omelette it comes with chips. When I've been at a B&B in Ireland the chips just come with the Full Irish. 

I'm sure that happened but chips on a full Irish is not normal. Not that I'm against it.

I had 3 full Irish breakfasts in a row (consecutive days, I'm not that greedy) when in NI for a wedding and I didn't see a single chip. The carbs are so abundant, why would you want more? Hash browns, toast/fried bread, potato farls, soda farls. The place where we stayed put all of them on the plate.

Unfortunately, some fussy eaters seemed to have started trying to ruin these as well - I had to ask for the white pudding as an (free) extra.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â