A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Nightmare for @Xelahere but surely compensated by the amount of sausage AND white pudding ?

Surely ??

Screenshot_20221204_115757.jpg

Nothing to the right of the bacon would be edible for me due to bean contamination. I'd have to have the bacon, eggs and whatever that weird bit of bread stuff under the eggs is off the plate, onto a round one, and on another table far away from the beans - the smell alone puts me off food.

So it's two bacon sandwiches to dip in eggs and whatever that weird bit of bread stuff under the eggs is.

I mean, I'd have that, but it seems a waste.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nothing to the right of the bacon would be edible for me due to bean contamination. I'd have to have the bacon, eggs and whatever that weird bit of bread stuff under the eggs is off the plate, onto a round one, and on another table far away from the beans - the smell alone puts me off food.

So it's two bacon sandwiches to dip in eggs and whatever that weird bit of bread stuff under the eggs is.

Some of the fried bread may be salvageable 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I presume the items top left are potato cakes/farls - a popular Irish breakfast choice, along with the white pudding which I love (has to be Clonakilty brand though).

I love beans but they do seem to have spoilt the overall appeal due to the amount (and smell 😉)

On the topic of beans, I always chop up my fried eggs into the beans to make a big eggy bean mess.

Never seen anyone else do that. But it’s really nice. Always do my beans low and slow so never have out of control bean juice anyway.  

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

My mum's ulster fry has an unholy amount of white carb - Potato bread, soda bread, little pancake and slice of white bread - all fried!

obviously served with fried egg, bacon, sausage, mushroom, tomato. 

absolute flippin heaven

my understanding is that potato bread and farls are the same - just a different shape. Happy to be corrected on this. You do sometimes get it made with some scallion in there which is class 

• Like 4

Swap the black pud for white and the grilled tomatoes for mushrooms and I'd say that would be almost spot on for me.

Screenshot_20221206_163107.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Swap the black pud for white and the grilled tomatoes for mushrooms and I'd say that would be almost spot on for me.

You can f*** the yankee pigdog hash browns off for starters, absolutely no place in an English Breakfast and don't get me started on toast cut into triangles :D

Good eggs though which has been rare in recent photos. Hash browns and toast is all thats wrong though

Traingular toast, nothing screams shite B&B in Bournemouth more

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

“Oh someone please take the deep fried crispy potato and onion off this plate, it’s ruining it.”

- said no one ever, until now.

There is no place for cultural appropriation in a breakfast

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

that's a solid 8/10 from me. sack off the tomatoes and the toast should be on a separate plate or, worst case, kept well away from everything else. putting anything fried on top of toast just turns it into greasy bread in the time it takes them to bring it from the kitchen

i like a hash brown personally but those look like the standard ones you get from greasy spoons that are just never very nice. the frozen ones you get from supermarkets are always top drawer though IMO

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

You can f*** the yankee pigdog hash browns off for starters, absolutely no place in an English Breakfast and don't get me started on toast cut into triangles :D

Good eggs though which has been rare in recent photos. Hash browns and toast is all thats wrong though

Traingular toast, nothing screams shite B&B in Bournemouth more

aren't baked beans american originally though? heinz is an american brand too

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

aren't baked beans american originally though? heinz is an american brand too

Well yeah and no. Traditionally native American but it was British colonists in New England that first cooked baked beans in a similar fashion to how we currently eat them. There was no America at the time, so I'm claiming them as British :D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be honest i've never seen the point in cutting toast in the first place. it's not like a full slice is troublesome to eat with one hand

Cus you get more slices, obviously. Twice as many, in fact 

• Haha 2

Â