A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't mind them but when potatoes get introduced into the mix, thats when a fried breakfast needs wet

Just take a swig of tea ;) 

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm pretty much exclusively coffee and with a breakfast I prefer it after I've eaten

coffee before, tea after.

and there's something about a post-fry up tea...it's in a league above any other tea you have at any other time

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Xela said:

The place I stayed at recently, lovely food, and a hearty breakfast, but they don't do beans. Controversial? Not for me as I can take or leave them, but traditionalists might be crying into their teapot. 

Sausage, streaky bacon, eggs (choice of poached, fried, scrambled), mushrooms, grilled tomato, fried bread, rack of toast with jams and fresh coffee/tea. Perfick!

Beans aren't traditional. They shouldn't be near a breakfast plate imo.

18 hours ago, Xela said:

A hash brown /waffle is a welcome addition to a breakfast. 

Agree but like I said in the original post for me it has to be well browned nearly to the point of burnt in order to give it a crispness, the hash brown is there for texture, if you go with the cooking time on the bag they'll probably end up anaemic things that a bit of bean juice reduces to a soggy pointless mush

Which then gives me the biggest problem when making my own breakfast, I ain't got 35 minutes to wait for hash browns

To be fair to them McDonald's do a good hash brown

Edited by villa4europe

17 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm pretty much exclusively coffee and with a breakfast I prefer it after I've eaten

I had a cafetiere to myself, which on reflection, when stuck in stationary traffic on the M42 on the way home, and I was contemplating pissing in the footwell, appeared to be a mistake.

Luckily managed to make it to a pub just off the next junction! 

• Haha 2

On 26/11/2022 at 19:40, OutByEaster? said:

I really dislike baked beans and hate tomatoes with a breakfast.

I don't think it needs wet - the wet is in the fat, it's in the butter on the toast, it's the egg.

Meat, bread, eggs, mushroom, possibly a potato and I'm happy.

For such an admirable human it's so disappointing to see the scale of wrong exhibited in this post. I'll give you there's some moist in an egg yolk, but no reasonable soul could claim it as sufficient to cover a whole brekky, that would just be madness (and dryness). I guess in the spirit of mutual acceptance of different cultures it's "ok" to dislike baked beanses, or even tomatoes, but, come on! embrace the red.

Like I say, accept the different takes, but....Guards, deport the heretic. Send him away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, tomav84 said:

...there's something about a post-fry up tea...it's in a league above any other tea you have at any other time

Tea, after any egg meal is just somehow, due to science an wotnot, utterly at its best. there must be something in egg that makes tea taste epic.

• Like 1

I don't see why breakfasts need 'wet' on it. I'm not a fan of wetness (KW) on certain foods. I don't have butter on sandwiches, ruins it for me. 

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I had a cafetiere to myself, which on reflection, when stuck in stationary traffic on the M42 on the way home, and I was contemplating pissing in the footwell, appeared to be a mistake.

Luckily managed to make it to a pub just off the next junction! 

You just couldn't have a mug,could you ? Eh ??

3f056e88960396badc7c376828840df6.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't see why breakfasts need 'wet' on it. I'm not a fan of wetness (KW) on certain foods. I don't have butter on sandwiches, ruins it for me. 

Isn't that just like some bread fell on some stuff? 

Edited by HKP90
  • Haha 2

Â