A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How you can you be so right about butter but so wrong about beans

I don't mind beans! I just don't want errant bean juice spreading over the plate and soggying the rest of the breakfast.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I don't mind beans! I just don't want errant bean juice spreading over the plate and soggying the rest of the breakfast.

Put your beans on a low ish heat when you put the hash browns/sausages in the oven (ie. start of the cooking process). By the time they’re all done the beans will have a good amount of juice left. Of course you need to stir a lashing of Henderson’s Relish through them before serving.

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

What are your views on the full Welsh, Irish and Scottish equivalents? 

Scottish and Irish offer improvements

There's no such thing as a traditional Welsh Breakfast, it's invented for tourists. Anyone that thinks people in Wales are eating Lavabread and cockles with their fry up probably believes in fairies at the bottom of the garden and that the Tories are doing a good job with the economy

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

What are your views on the full Welsh, Irish and Scottish equivalents? 

Main bonus of an Irish breakfast is the white pudding 😍 I'd gladly swap the black pud for white every time. 

Scottish ? Square sausage ? Don't know the major differences or for the Welsh ones. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Don't know the major differences or for the Welsh ones

Supposedly Lavabread and cockles, though there is also an argument for Glamorgan Sausage (Cheese and leeks in breadcrumbs)

No one eats that for breakfast in Wales

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Main bonus of an Irish breakfast is the white pudding 😍 I'd gladly swap the black pud for white every time. 

Scottish ? Square sausage ? Don't know the major differences or for the Welsh ones. 

Soda bread on the full Irish makes a difference 

• Like 1

Had an Irish breakfast for 2 consecutive days this summer that came with the holy trinity of soda bread, potato bread, and potato farls! Not to mention the white pudding. Actually I did have to mention it, because it didn't come as standard, but they did provide it as an extra for free.

There is actually an English Breakfast Society, founded in 2012

What is the English Breakfast Society ?
The English Breakfast Society (EBS) is a learned society of fellows, dedicated to the tradition and heritage of the full English breakfast. We are a non-profit organisation, staffed by volunteer English breakfast enthusiasts and completely independent of the retail & farming industries.

What is your mission ?
We research the tradition and history of the English breakfast to make it publicly available on this website, we also provide guidance and information to members of the media on all matters relating to the full English breakfast. Click here to see our English breakfast media coverage.

Why was Society founded ?
Our Chairman cares about a centuries old tradition, one that he saw falling into decline nationally and suffering from poor standards in preparation and ingredients. He felt that the tradition is one worth saving and he works to restore the tradition of the English breakfast back to its former glory.

• Like 1

The 'common' full English breakfast is a substantial meal consisting of back bacon, eggs, British sausage, baked beans, bubble and squeak, fried tomato, fried mushrooms, black pudding, with fried and toasted bread on the side.

These ingredients may vary depending on where in the Great Britain you happen to be and are a subject that is still open to (sometimes quite fierce) debate, we acknowledge this, so please stop writing to us saying that they are wrong, these are the right ingredients in our learned opinion.

https://englishbreakfastsociety.com/full-english-breakfast.html

strong words from the regulator 

• Like 2

I prefer the tomato when it's a whole half tomato, still structurally intact and not too runny - that way I can leave it be and it doesn't overly interfere with my breakfast - like a sort of ornament,

I like the beans in one of those little dishes, that way I can take them off my plate and put them somewhere a good enough distance away that the smell doesn't put me off my food.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I prefer the tomato when it's a whole half tomato, still structurally intact and not too runny - that way I can leave it be and it doesn't overly interfere with my breakfast - like a sort of ornament,

I like the beans in one of those little dishes, that way I can take them off my plate and put them somewhere a good enough distance away that the smell doesn't put me off my food.

ramekins 

Â