Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/22 at 22:59

Ming's has some bollox , played well. Got my vote for MOTM .

Beundia yet again makes a massive difference to us , in games like today he is everything we need in a player. He has to start over Countiho. If he had been on the pitch from the beginning I'm convinced we would have killed this game far earlier.

Gerrard, hard game for him today and he got us over the line , not convincing but maybe the pressure on the whole team was the reason why we looked so nervous. UTV 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Conceded a freak goal but we well deserved our win today. Had the potential to score more, but it just shows that we can break very defensive teams down.

Mings makes a massive difference. Konsa not so much.

MOTM? Emi, Emi or Ings.

What was freakish about it? It was a good goal.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

We were still winning when Phil went off injured. So how would that get him sacked?

I'm assuming he means because his replacement, Buendia, scored the winner. Without whom we would not have won the game. Highly unlikely anyway.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Lol am I the only one who enjoyed that performance? 

As much as I’m not a fan of Gerrard, that really wasn’t that bad. Not particularly good but solidly ok. 

Kamara MOTM. Mings and Buendia also excellent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The injury to Couthino may well have saved Gerrard from the sack.

It's been said before a million times, but we are a better team with Buendia in our team.

Night and day in terms of the impact both players' impact today.

And we still managed to almost **** it up. 

I agree, though there simply must be a way to get them both in the team. They should be playing together.

• Like 2

Happy enough given the context of last week, build on this. This is how it works: combinations, patterns and players emerge. 

Watkins looks totally bereft of confidence, we should upgrade, we can’t wait and see if he rediscovers his mojo. 

Spend all week rehearsing set pieces please.

Like Mings in there but you can see he has changed his game to ultra safe following him being dropped.

Love Kamara and Buendia. Ramsey looking good too.

Edited by thunderball
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Up until the 86th minute we were fine. Quite professional and fairly enjoyable. After that we just totally lost it, although did show some grit to hang on.

Can't stress this enough. The only other spell Everton had was after the second half. We controlled most of the game and created the most chances.

• Like 1

Only we can go 2-0 up at home in the 86th minute and nearly bottle it. Its never straight forward with us; we’ll always make it a nervous finish- its just in our DNA. Seen it a million times before- we really have to work for our wins and hope luck is smiling down on us.

Buendia, class. Always on the move looking for give and gos, looking to make things happen. Only on the pitch half hour but my MoTM. Kamara a close second, he just makes it look so effortless and has a great range of passing.

Defensively I worry for us, so many second balls not being won. They looked like scoring whenever they whipped a ball into the box. Mings with that last ditch is reminder of how good he can be when our backs are against the wall. Lucas Digne is shocking defensively, really poor today, he is one of those that just wants to attack.

It doesnt matter right now, we needed that however which way we got it. Gerrard looked mighty relieved too.

Up and running now. Lets get a good win in the cup then back this up at Palace

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

He got two assistssssssasaaaaaaaaa

And wasted at least 10 good attacking opportunities through poor play. I'm not sure he should even get an assist for the first goal as Ings really created the space and chance for himself. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

**** hell that was a hard last 10 minutes.

The game changed for the better when Gerrard was forced to bring Buendia on. At this point, he's undroppable in my eyes.

Mings, Buendia, and Kamara, all very good.

Watkins and Coutinho, less so.

Watkins had 2 assists. He was perfectly fine. 

Â