Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/22 at 22:59

Decent performance all in all although the end was shambolic.

We absolutely melted once Everton started going route one, we really struggled with Bournemouths physicality also. May be the blueprint to beat us this year and can see very rough games against other physical sides like Newcastle, Brentford, West Ham etc. Concerning.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

And wasted at least 10 good attacking opportunities through poor play. I'm not sure he should even get an assist for the first goal as Ings really created the space and chance for himself. 

Ings should have shot first time it was an excellent goal scoring opportunity that Ings nearly squandered. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

And wasted at least 10 good attacking opportunities through poor play. I'm not sure he should even get an assist for the first goal as Ings really created the space and chance for himself. 

The fact is that we are criminally guilty of no end product so a player who effectively wins the match with two assist cannot be panned after the game. 

He missed a couple of chances and his finishing still hasn't improved, but you cannot go all in on a guy who has two assists in a match which we won 2-1. Sorry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We were still winning when Phil went off injured. So how would that get him sacked?

Insipid play with him on the pitch. Zero drive determination or accuracy.

We were drifting towards an Everton equaliser.

Buendia swung it back in our favour.

Prior to him coming on, Couthino was rubbish again today.

If he persists with playing him purely out of stubbornness then he will deserve the sack.

The bare minimum i expected was 3 points and we did that so good job Steve.

Why do we make it as difficult for ourselves as possible though with some of the team selections.

Buendia over Coutinho please for the love of god.

13 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Why bring Mings back? Admitting his mistake last week?

- Why not read the Ming's thread for answers?

Why drop Bailey? Why not Coutinho? Buendia did more when on so deserves to start now. 

- Ok agreed kind of.

Why send Kesler-Hayden out on loan? Most called it and surely he should've known that being the manager. Hopefully,  Cash won't be out too long.

- Because we can't predict the future, have players who can provide backup, and KKH wil probably benefit more from playing games.

I'm yet to be convinced he knows what he's doing. We change shape and team from game to game. 

- We won and got 3 points.... BOOO

Also, if he " doesn't know what he is doing " , why would we change shape to play against different opposition?

Isn't changing shape to play against different opposition actually a tactic and awareness?

Or is proof of " knowing what you're doing, sticking to something which might now be working, or might not work against certain teams?

Answered in bold.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, Steero113 said:

The fact is that we are criminally guilty of no end product so a player who effectively wins the match with two assist cannot be panned after the game. 

He missed a couple of chances and his finishing still hasn't improved, but you cannot go all in on a guy who has two assists in a match which we won 2-1. Sorry.

The assists are papering the cracks.  It doesn't change the fact he can be a liability and stifles attacking play. Like Coutinho can do a few moments of magic but makes us a worse team most of the time. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Thought we played alright and deserved the win. No doubt people will still be moaning because we didn’t play like peak Barcelona and smash them 8-0 

What a load of crap, we had shit loads of possession then did little with it, scored from two punts over the top then conspired to throw it away in the last 5 minutes.

But I am only complaining because we are not Barcelona 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

It's a good day when you could argue that Ings (a goal) Watkins (two assists) Buendia (a goal and changed the match) Kamara (f'ing brilliant all day long) Even Ramsey, Mings and Martinez in with a shout for MOTM.   I will take Kamara.  But I get so, so irritated by fans that sh*t all over our players that I wanted to take Watkins whose movement and pinpoint balls into the center created both goals.  (although if you read some on the match thread you would think he was useful and should be sold tomorrow.  I've come to find some of the posters on her more maddening that bruno fernandez and kevin friend.

You’re not alone..

Â