Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

On 13/10/2022 at 07:48, It's Your Round said:

MOMS is really hard to listen to now, I used to think it was alright but I’ve gone off it big time. Aside from all the reasons @Tomaszk mentioned above, I just can’t stand having to listen to David Michael’s constant uh-ing. It’s uh, every uh, few uh, words. Once you’ve heard it, there’s no escape. It’s like he can’t even be arsed to speak with any energy, the man sounds bored. Pretty much like I am bored by their ongoing ‘hilarious joke’ about imaginary watch sponsors that proceeds the Villa minute. FFS lads, give it up, it’s uh… shite. 

Lol, I’ve made this point too, David Michaels er-ing drives me absolutely to distraction, I end up counting them. Needless to say I don’t listen to it too often, I don’t mind their view, but I agree they sniffily have the view that theirs is the superior, more considered and educated take on all thing Villa and anyone who disagrees is an idiot who they sneer at.

• Like 1

Are there any Football podcasts you boys recommend that have several supporters of different clubs but talk about the entire Premier League?  Maybe it's because I spend too much time on VillaTalk that listening to Villa specific podcasts turns me off and I'd rather listen to someone talking about other teams.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KMitch said:

Are there any Football podcasts you boys recommend that have several supporters of different clubs but talk about the entire Premier League?  Maybe it's because I spend too much time on VillaTalk that listening to Villa specific podcasts turns me off and I'd rather listen to someone talking about other teams.

I used to listen to the Football Social Daily, they cover the whole premier league but also Villa a bit. I don’t have time to listen to so many now so unsubscribed. 

On 28/10/2022 at 18:23, KMitch said:

I listen to Sam's Army -- it is a very American type of podcast as all of the guys who rotate are American. But they are genuine football fans who have a platform to share with.

2 Robbies (I'm biased with the US Coverage) are pretty good -- they do spend a lot more time with the big 6 but I find them refreshing compared to most pundits over in the UK

The Athletic football podcast is always a decent listen. 

Echo the football social daily shout as well.

the EFL podcast that I have listened to in the past & is very good imo is Not the Top 20 with Ali Maxwell & George Elek. 

Im not a fan of all these Villa podcasts/fanzines  - whatever you want to call them 

In the early days it was a bit of fun, good humour - but they're all starting to believe that their opinion actually stands for something and that they're actually "the voice of the fans"

All self professed bollocks now if you ask me !!

Im not a fan of all these Villa podcasts/fanzines  - whatever you want to call them 

In the early days it was a bit of fun, good humour - but they're all starting to believe that their opinion actually stands for something and that they're actually "the voice of the fans"

• Like 1

On 03/08/2022 at 21:48, Nigel said:

'Claret and blue' is decent when mat kendrick is on.

when he is not distracted by flies and Moths, or clouds.....He cracks me up how he looks around, before he speaks....is it a tic?

Any persons opinion can be misread as fact, if the recipient wants to interpret it that way......its so easy for a confident opinion to be misinterpreted as someone peddling fact.

We all have our own view, and stand by it....nowt wrong with that.

I just happen to enjoy, other folks opinions too.....and that is what podcasters do.

How many times, does Luke Robinson (UTV) "What do you think Villa Fans, lets us know in the comments section"

can't be clearer than that can he?

We all deal in very few facts, so its no big deal to me....to give your opinion.

My go to podcasters are fwiw:

UTV - Claret and blue - For the Love of Paul McGrath- The Villa View and Holy Trinity

I think Dan Bardell and Pete are good presenters.

The 2 dans on Villa Filler are like marmite.

On 27/10/2022 at 23:04, thunderball said:

Lol, I’ve made this point too, David Michaels er-ing drives me absolutely to distraction, I end up counting them. Needless to say I don’t listen to it too often, I don’t mind their view, but I agree they sniffily have the view that theirs is the superior, more considered and educated take on all thing Villa and anyone who disagrees is an idiot who they sneer at.

You need to get out more if that is driving you mad 😂

Edited by Made In Aston

On 16/11/2022 at 15:24, Adbo9 said:

is this in reference to something specific that someone has said or just your perception?

• 3 weeks later...

I quite like the Claret and Blue podcast from Birmingham live. They normally have some good content and recent interviews with O’Neil and Cutler have been very good. 
Dan Rolinson (I’m sure he’s probably in here, so if so please don’t see this as a personal attack), can occasionally come across conceited when he talks about how podcasts and media work. There was something in the behind the scenes episode re cuts, where he saying an ex coach is easier to get something from than an employee from
Villa. 

Â