Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

It's weird. You would think a mutually beneficial relationship between the mail and villa should exist. The mail run news to suit villa's agenda eg selling or pushing news of interst in a player villa are trying to sell.

Flip side is villa give the mail trusted villa journalist exclusive first news to break.

Surely isn't hard and can't see why they don't get on

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

I don't want media outlets to 'get on' with the club, or to only run positive articles without considering negative aspects. There should be some healthy skepticism between club and media, otherwise you end up with that berk up in Newcastle whose tongue is so far up Mohammed bin Salman's arse it's cleaned his small intestine. The problem with the Mail is not that they don't spoon the club, it's that the adversarialism isn't the result of any particularly good journalism. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just seen the tifo villa video… it’s not particularly baity or bad.. just concerned about how the new players can fit in, in particular Pau. 
Some points I see as valid and others over focused on minor things. I’d say this video was made to early in the window, if they waited a few more signings and friendlies, this chap may of had some of his concerns answered and video wouldn’t have a baity title 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I never got the hate for Preece, seemed a really good bloke, passionate about Villa

Didnt hate him as you say seemed like a nice enough bloke. But he wasnt the sharpest tool in the box. Townley at least seems like he's got a bit more going on upstairs. 

Sam Tighe is a Villa fan himself and a pretty knowledgeable fella in general. It's a perfectly good video with valid concerns. 

We don't have to get defensive over everything. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Sam Tighe is a Villa fan himself and a pretty knowledgeable fella in general. It's a perfectly good video with valid concerns. 

We don't have to get defensive over everything. 

Agreed.It was a well presented argument.

However we have entirely over estimated Unai Emery and the recruitment team if we are to believe that they haven’t considered things like this.

There was a time when journalists or football fans even could pull holes in Villa recruitment and be right.

That time is not now.

• Like 1

End of an era there though it is a good few years since the Villa View evolved from what it was.

Started out as fam cams, evolved into Matt and Dan doing a lot of discussion type vids on transfers etc (novelty Christmas ones in 2016!), then the Tom and Dan pod and layer the 1874 stuff. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2023 at 06:35, Captain_Townsend said:

Agree. I just find it weird. Big city with a big famous club known around the globe so you would think the local media would be on board with the two feeding off each other in a more positive way

Maybe if the mail didn't have four pop-ups, three and videos and 800 other ads as soon as you load a page I'd take them seriously.

Now they're basically the online version of the free rag you used to deliver when you were 12 (but you just threw them in the bushes instead).

I get they need ad revenue but the site is unusable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

No, he’s moved away from being a fan channel and more of a journalist/media show.

Think it was a smart move, evolving with the times and trying to be something different to other Villa content.

Have a lot of time for Dan and been interesting to watch his growth from fan channel into professional presenter.

Always had the clubs best interest at heart, as with all the other Villa content providers.

Yeah I like Dan and it's good that he has media connections to get different people on like he had last night on Diaby. It's good that it's becoming more of a professional podcast. I see Claret and Blue doing that recently too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Does this mean the return of the Villa Talks Podcast Omar? 

Missed you lot. 

Not sure at this stage tbh mate. Will let you know if anything changes 

On 19/07/2023 at 12:59, villaglint said:

Didnt hate him as you say seemed like a nice enough bloke. But he wasnt the sharpest tool in the box. Townley at least seems like he's got a bit more going on upstairs. 

Rolinson-Kendrick is the best pair for that podcast.

5 hours ago, QldVilla said:

No, he’s moved away from being a fan channel and more of a journalist/media show.

Think it was a smart move, evolving with the times and trying to be something different to other Villa content.

Have a lot of time for Dan and been interesting to watch his growth from fan channel into professional presenter.

Always had the clubs best interest at heart, as with all the other Villa content providers.

yep and he has a point - there's a lot of fan driven podcasts out there. MOMS (who i'm not keen on), max stokes, for the love of paul mcgrath, the canadian bloke...the villa park podcast is decent too. it's a sensible decision to make it more of a journalistic show, bringing journos on the show etc. and by doing so, it might improve the way we're being talked about by the media too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Rolinson-Kendrick is the best pair for that podcast.

john townley is a good addition too. enjoyed the matty cash interview. hopefully kendrick is still going to be around though.

maybe we should ask his dentist ;)@Mat Kendrick's Dentist

Â