Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

I used to be a regular listening of The Villa View back when they had a usual podcast but ever since then I've only ever really listened to/watched bits and pieces from different ones.

Echo the love for Neil from For The Love... though. You can tell he puts a lot of effort in and I like the variety of stuff from him in terms of random transfer targets, getting fans of other teams on relevant to Villa news etc.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

I really like The Holy Trinity Show on YouTube 

I agree ... but I have a bias... Pete is only seven hours drive away (eight if the wife is in the car). And I am still in the same Province.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

My Old Man Said is the only one I regularly listen to. It has its flaws, Chris Budd's constant interjections, David Michael's cringe inducing mispronunciations, but all in all it's a pretty solid pod and once they get into their flow and get the lame jokes out of their system they are actually capable of offering decent analysis.

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN called this one correctly saying decent pod, but my god they are moany bastards. Shame Dan Rogers isn't a regular, he is so so funny that guy.

Villa Podcast with the Irish lads the only one I listen to every ep. Doesn't take itself too seriously and there's some genuine wit on there which is quite rare.

• Like 1

@omariqy’s VillaTalks is the best, not sure it will continue this season? I hope so.

Another really good one is ‘All Villa No Filler’. I only found it this year and really like it, good analysis and it’s positive. 

I listen to MOMS but they David and Budd do spend an awful lot of time moaning, Dan Rogers is good fun as Tomasz said above. 

• Like 1

I don’t think that there’s a club on the country that gets less support from the local media outlets. The club should treat them with the same disdain. 95% is all about clickbait and 95% of that is negative anyway. 

Media outlets based anywhere else in the country are unashamedly biased towards their local clubs. As we all know the nationals are totally against us when they’re not totally ignoring us. It’s not just us it’s the entire region they disrespect. They can all go to hell, stuff ‘em. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think that there’s a club on the country that gets less support from the local media outlets. The club should treat them with the same disdain. 95% is all about clickbait and 95% of that is negative anyway. 

Media outlets based anywhere else in the country are unashamedly biased towards their local clubs. As we all know the nationals are totally against us when they’re not totally ignoring us. It’s not just us it’s the entire region they disrespect. They can all go to hell, stuff ‘em. 

We are Villa, we are Villa, no one likes us, we don’t care 🎶

• Like 1

Below is my playlist.  Would encourage people to check out All Villa No Filler podcast which is well produced and generally has really good takes.

- MOMS
- For the Love of Paul McGrath
- UTV
- VillaTalks
- All Villa No Filler
- Claret & Blue
- Holy Trinity Show
- The Villa View

Cant stand Gregg Evans and his piss poor analysis. Stopped listening to 1874 a long time back.  For Bardell's thoughts I go directly to The Villa View.

Edited by nepal_villan
added C&B podcast
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We are Villa, we are Villa, no one likes us, we don’t care 🎶

You can scoff all you like but show me a supportive local media outlet. 

The best of the local rags is probably the Wolverhampton based Express and Star. That’s the only one I can think of. 

Edited by DaveAV1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I’m not scoffing Dave, I agree with you, the media have always been against us, for as long as I can remember. 

Sorry I probably was a bit tetchy, it’s a subject that always sets me off. There are others too. Most of them off topic!

• Like 1

God, I **** hate the Athletic. Too bad the Villa podcast is gone, but listening to some of the Athletics other pods and having to live though the absolute humiliation of being exposed to **** ball sack grooming commercials is just below my dignity. I much rather enjoy 'amateurs' reliant on direct donations instead. Any sponship deals will always moderate the content, and it makes for a worse podcast if the hosts suddenly switches voices to read ads in the middle of interesting discussions. 

In general I think most fan driven podcast should look at a value for value model, relying on donations from listeners instead (check out Podcasting 2.0). 

I think @nepal_villan and @PaulMcGrath_5 have some good shouts on pods.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

@omariqy’s VillaTalks is the best, not sure it will continue this season? I hope so.

Another really good one is ‘All Villa No Filler’. I only found it this year and really like it, good analysis and it’s positive. 

I listen to MOMS but they David and Budd do spend an awful lot of time moaning, Dan Rogers is good fun as Tomasz said above. 

It's a really good pod but I think they miss the fella Adam who used to be on every one at the start. Good one though for sure.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The only one I listen to regularly now is The Villa Podcast. They're not sycophants, neither connected to the club in any way or wannabe's, which makes a refreshing change. 

Old Liam loves his extravagant similes. Properly can't wait for them to start again, so funny.

Â