Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Dan Rolinson is also talking shit. We aren’t moaning about inconsequential things. No solid line up, no tactics, no plan b, inept manager. These aren’t just nonsense things the fans are complaining about. 

Wow. Disagree, mate. Admittedly a huge fan of Claret & Blue. I guess I understand the strong feelings, but to assert we have "no solid line up" and "no tactics" just seems extreme (as well as common on social media and therefore perhaps not extreme lol). But No line up? Really? No tactics? Just not the more gray reality I sadly inhabit with my OK dog and OK cats and OK and sometimes amazing and sometimes difficult family. And what do you mean by a plan B? Where was Gareth Southgate's "plan B" against Italy in the Euros? Why do we even say "Plan B"? It proposes a fairly either/or universe I'm pretty sure doesn't exist on most pitches. Actually, that was a criticism from future Watford-sacked manager Ranieri. Lots of people accused England of having no plan B (despite reaching the final).

"‘ENGLAND HAD TWO BUSES PARKED’: CLAUDIO RANIERI ON SOUTHGATE TACTICS"      

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You always talk about this.

Where can I find them, are they on Spotify?

I listen on Apple podcasts… I guess wherever you can listen to podcasts?

There’s a link there in that tweet and a few options there…

Honestly mate, they are hilarious. Watch out for all the swearing though! 🤣

I’m sure they’re going to rip SG a new one!

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

"Gerrard's tactics are like an ecclesiastical delivery service lobbing crosses into a synagogue, nobody wants the crosses you are selling mate."

🤣

They’re the best 🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Very negative vibe at the moment. 

Just seems so obvious to most that we are going nowhere.

Its depressing. I think most podcasters are simply reflecting how we all feel. Here we are a new season after spending a lot of money, with some incredible players. Yet we have gone backwards on the football pitch with no sign of any progression at all. Feels like a wasted year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Villa Analytics v My Old Man Said for the honour of Christian Purslow.

Tomorrow, Dan Bardell will duke it out with Villareport to decide which way the lion should face on the new badge.

Amusing thread. Put him away. Fits perfectly he would enjoy nodding along with Purslow saying "Fans don't see what Gerrard is working towards" 

How could we possibly understand?

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've listened to them a few times and they've massively got a superiority complex. 

They make some good points and can be funny and entertaining but they come across as though other villa fans are below them. 

Smack on.

They're usually pretty contrarian in order to clamber up onto their high horse as well. Find themselves making awkward points that don't make sense just to go against the grain.

When Grealish really got going they were talking him down all the time saying ah well he doesn't score as many as David Platt. Grealish signed for the best manager in the world for £100m.

They've always slated Potter saying his football was boring and doesn't work. We'd never want him here. Potter goes on to Chelsea. 

The one guy on there who is always good is Dan Rogers. Really funny, but he only does a few a season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Amusing thread. Put him away. Fits perfectly he would enjoy nodding along with Purslow saying "Fans don't see what Gerrard is working towards" 

How could we possibly understand?

Smack on.

They're usually pretty contrarian in order to clamber up onto their high horse as well. Find themselves making awkward points that don't make sense just to go against the grain.

When Grealish really got going they were talking him down all the time saying ah well he doesn't score as many as David Platt. Grealish signed for the best manager in the world for £100m.

They've always slated Potter saying his football was boring and doesn't work. We'd never want him here. Potter goes on to Chelsea. 

The one guy on there who is always good is Dan Rogers. Really funny, but he only does a few a season.

Yeah, I remember that now you've mentioned it. They looked down on anyone who had elevated Grealish to some sort of superstar status. 

That's a great example of what I was talking about. 

Edited by DCJonah

MOMS is really hard to listen to now, I used to think it was alright but I’ve gone off it big time. Aside from all the reasons @Tomaszk mentioned above, I just can’t stand having to listen to David Michael’s constant uh-ing. It’s uh, every uh, few uh, words. Once you’ve heard it, there’s no escape. It’s like he can’t even be arsed to speak with any energy, the man sounds bored. Pretty much like I am bored by their ongoing ‘hilarious joke’ about imaginary watch sponsors that proceeds the Villa minute. FFS lads, give it up, it’s uh… shite. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

never bothered with MOMS. listened once and didn't again

villaview and claret n blue are the best out there IMO

Agree, I also think UTV is decent.  Luke, Justin and Ryan are just regular guys that care about the club and what’s happening. 

• Like 2

Â