Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

3 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Maybe if the mail didn't have four pop-ups, three and videos and 800 other ads as soon as you load a page I'd take them seriously.

Now they're basically the online version of the free rag you used to deliver when you were 12 (but you just threw them in the bushes instead).

I get they need ad revenue but the site is unusable.

You can use the reader view if using a phone etc as this cuts out a lot of the chaff, you have a better chance of reading the article without the other distractions 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yep and he has a point - there's a lot of fan driven podcasts out there. MOMS (who i'm not keen on), max stokes, for the love of paul mcgrath, the canadian bloke...the villa park podcast is decent too. it's a sensible decision to make it more of a journalistic show, bringing journos on the show etc. and by doing so, it might improve the way we're being talked about by the media too

Yeah, I think it's a good decision overall. If anything, it might actually give more space to other fan channels; for instance, if I wanted to know what eg Neil thought of something, I often wouldn't watch his podcasts because I could be confident I'd hear his opinion on TVV shortly anyway. This might push people more towards sampling a wider range of content. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I think it's a good decision overall. If anything, it might actually give more space to other fan channels; for instance, if I wanted to know what eg Neil thought of something, I often wouldn't watch his podcasts because I could be confident I'd hear his opinion on TVV shortly anyway. This might push people more towards sampling a wider range of content. 

this is a great point. i have a lot of time for neil but i can probably count on one hand the number of times i've actually watched his podcast because he's always on TVV

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The Southampton writer for the Athletic Jacob Tanswell is moving from there to cover us. Anyone know anything about him? 

My brother is a Southampton fan. He really rates Tanswell, and will probably cancel his subscription with the Athletic since he is leaving and coverage will be reduced considerably.

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Dan talking really well here about us and where we are heading. 

Tbf to Dan, he represents us well and talks sense. I like it when someone “sticks up” for the club & fanbase and puts people right… not a lot of people in the media actually have much of a clue of how the club work, what we’re doing and where we’re headed…

A does it a lot better than Gabby does anyway…

Always happy to go under the radar and shock everyone though… all the more satisfying.

Having listened to the recent Claret and Blue podcast with Dan Bardell...

1. Hi Dan's dad who often reads Villa Talk for comments on his son.

2. So happy he's keeping the Villa View. Doesn't need it anymore but keeps it going because he loves talking about the Villa. I really recommend listening to the pod, he's had quite the journey, great to see him excelling in his field now.

3. So glad we're not in the Championship losing at home to Barnsley anymore.

Edited by Don_Simon
Spelling.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Not quite on topic, but close enough. Nothing earth shattering for us that know all this but nice to get some coverage.

Good video 

also I think this thread should be renamed to Villa media, podcasts and pundits 

19 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Having listened to the recent Claret and Blue podcast with Dan Bardell...

1. Hi Dan's dad who often reads Villa Talk for comments on his son.

2. So happy he's keeping the Villa View. Doesn't need it anymore but keeps it going because he loves talking about the Villa. I really recommend listening to the pod, he's had quite the journey, great to see him excelling in his field now.

3. So glad we're not in the Championship losing at home to Barnsley anymore.

We spent a good 30/45 minutes the other week talking about the changes to TVV. I think it’s a great move personally and will move the channel on to another level. Whilst myself, Neil and Ty loved shooting the shit with him. We all were doing it as mates helping out and I think TVV was getting lost in the muddle of all the other podcasts on YouTube. Having the likes of Kevin Hatchard etc will help elevate the channel. For nostalgia reasons it will be sad not to see the old make up of the channel but things move on. The podcast scene has moved on in general. Neil brings a level of analysis and research that wasn’t there previously. UTV podcast replace the ‘for the fans podcast’ vibe. The Villa Filler are a good one that goes under the radar. Likewise The Villa Park Podcast. MOMS is MOMs and the Villa Podcast is probably my favourite at the moment. Claret and Blue are more of a media podcast and I think are probably the best of the lot imo at the moment. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

We spent a good 30/45 minutes the other week talking about the changes to TVV. I think it’s a great move personally and will move the channel on to another level. Whilst myself, Neil and Ty loved shooting the shit with him. We all were doing it as mates helping out and I think TVV was getting lost in the muddle of all the other podcasts on YouTube. Having the likes of Kevin Hatchard etc will help elevate the channel. For nostalgia reasons it will be sad not to see the old make up of the channel but things move on. The podcast scene has moved on in general. Neil brings a level of analysis and research that wasn’t there previously. UTV podcast replace the ‘for the fans podcast’ vibe. The Villa Filler are a good one that goes under the radar. Likewise The Villa Park Podcast. MOMS is MOMs and the Villa Podcast is probably my favourite at the moment. Claret and Blue are more of a media podcast and I think are probably the best of the lot imo at the moment. 

I'm not just saying this, but I genuinely enjoyed your analysis every time you were on and I hope you aren't disappearing from the Villa podcast scene yourself. 

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not just saying this, but I genuinely enjoyed your analysis every time you were on and I hope you aren't disappearing from the Villa podcast scene yourself. 

Thank you mate. Unsure at this stage as it would mean bringing back my podcast and tbh it became a chore towards the end and not enjoyable. Plus when we first started there was a lack of Villa pods and now there's plenty!

• Like 2

On 21/07/2023 at 18:56, Yorke81 said:

My brother is a Southampton fan. He really rates Tanswell, and will probably cancel his subscription with the Athletic since he is leaving and coverage will be reduced considerably.

Gregg has apparently been promoted and writing more about Liverpool. But will still dip in on us from time to time. But I'm very pleased, dislike his condescending attitude towards the club and lacks insight beyond all of those on VT know. 

Edited by Dale

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Thank you mate. Unsure at this stage as it would mean bringing back my podcast and tbh it became a chore towards the end and not enjoyable. Plus when we first started there was a lack of Villa pods and now there's plenty!

Might we see/hear you on For the Love of Paul McGrath? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

Gregg is apparently been promoted and writing more about Liverpool. But will still dip in on us from time to time. But I'm very pleased, dislike his condescending attitude towards the club and lacks insight beyond all of those on VT know. 

Gregg in last 1874 giving a lot of credit to Gerrard still (probably overweighting his influence in signings). Baffling. 

Â