Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

On 27/02/2023 at 13:13, romavillan said:

What's happened to the villa talks podcast? Not updated in a while....

Hi mate

Ive stopped for now as life is too hectic at the moment and tbh I don’t enjoy the hassle of getting it out anymore. We also are struggling with availability for the other guys for various reasons. I’ll be doing Villa View now and again but that’s about it for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Hi mate

Ive stopped for now as life is too hectic at the moment and tbh I don’t enjoy the hassle of getting it out anymore. We also are struggling with availability for the other guys for various reasons. I’ll be doing Villa View now and again but that’s about it for now.

Are your cohorts Chadsy and AJ appearing elsewhere? Enjoy their takes.

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Superb, thank you, I'll read it through in full later.

Btw, Hourihane saying he wanted 'to get back to the Premier League' - had he already played in it?

Think probably a bad edit from the Athletic - he wanted to get to the PL by getting the club back promoted to where it belonged

• Like 1

On 27/08/2022 at 21:02, Jas10 said:

Why does everyone pick on the “nice guys”? I don’t mind Dan at all and I like Ash Preece and can see that he’s a genuine fan - just the guy I want to cover the goings on at the club really… it’s hard for anyone to get the “inside track” with the way we are run…

A million miles better than Greg Evans.

The only guy who doesn’t seem to have been attacked is Neil but, I guess it’s an eventuality 😆

seen the size of him? they're not daft.

23 hours ago, omariqy said:

Hi mate

Hey, cheers for the update. Hope things get less hectic, thanks for all the episodes you put out man. Will miss it.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Seems Gregg Evans is moving on to golf coverage, and this new guy he mentions will be covering us.

Glad to see the back of Gregg, to be honest, I've found him to be generally quite negative and to have very little enthusiasm for Villa. He's never really had a great deal of insight, every time I've seen him on a podcast it seemed to be such a chore for him to even talk about us, though when he's actually bothered to do a bit of journalism he's written some decent stuff. 

I don't think it's too much to ask for the Athletic to assign a journalist to Villa that doesn't have a clear dislike of the club. I might even start subscribing if they do.

No local journo seems to have had a scooby about what is going on at Villa for years. The only guy in the know appears to be Percy on the Torygraph

Local papers are a shadow of what they were. Skelton staff just follow online trends and write clickbait, 'dirty', headlines for views and revenue. They don't have the budget for proper investigative stuff nowadays.

• Like 1

Â