Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

“The operation..”

Thats a new one.

Maybe it's like the game where you have to pick players out of Gerrard's body without setting the buzzer off. Do it and the signing is secure, fail and the player goes to Newcastle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I've never seen him play before so what he like at attacking set-pieces? Mings is utterly woeful at attacking setpieces which is just bizarre given his size and stature. 

Haha. Was thinking exactly this at the Palace game. Mings was marking their goalkeeper when we had a corner. Surely he should be attacking the ball crossed in?

Yeah this doesn't sound great so far. 

More errors leading to a goal than anybody in the top 5 leagues. 

His FBRef looks awful too.

He's next to one of the great young CBs coming through this generation (who, tbf some of his FBref stats aren't amazing but his ball-playing stats on there are phenomenal).

Whilst Brazil have had some very good CBs over the last few years, they aren't known for their defensive superiority and the likes of Wesley (different position I know) have had call ups when this guy hasn't.

All of that for the money quoted is huge.

But I don't watch a lot of Sevilla and they always do well. So maybe we should trust the scouts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's next to one of the great young CBs coming through this generation (who, tbf some of his FBref stats aren't amazing but his ball-playing stats on there are phenomenal).

Whilst Brazil have had some very good CBs over the last few years, they aren't known for their defensive superiority and the likes of Wesley (different position I know) have had call ups when this guy hasn't.

But I don't watch a lot of Sevilla and they always do well. So maybe we should trust the scouts

So many red flags it deserves a dance giphy.gif?cid=5e214886at66jb2hg6m7tr0a5t

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll probably have to do some more research, but I'm not feeling this one ATM if I'm honest, especially not at the money being quoted.

Get yourself onto Youtube. There is bound to be a compilation there that makes him look like the reincarnation of Franco Baresi.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This I don't get, a 29 years old that hasn't featured for Brazil?

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll probably have to do some more research, but I'm not feeling this one ATM if I'm honest, especially not at the money being quoted.

for that money could we not just get a proven PL quality defender like guehi?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

FBRef is a great resource but I find it a bit redundant to judge CBs off of, especially if you've not really seen them play. Their stats are dictated more so by the club they play for than any other position really. For instance VDV outside of aerial battles ranks among the worst in Europe on the rest of the defensive stats but we all know that's far from the case in reality. He's highly regarded by more or less anyone I've seen speak about him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Get yourself onto Youtube. There is bound to be a compilation there that makes him look like the reincarnation of Franco Baresi.

Will do, then I'll be sure to come back on here in a few pages and start slagging anyone off who casts doubts over his undoubted quality.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turvontour said:

This I don't get, a 29 years old that hasn't featured for Brazil?

Maybe has to do with him having his breakthrough relatively late, just a few years ago. And Brazil having players like Marquinhos and Thiago Silva of course. Still a bit odd tho

29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah this doesn't sound great so far. More errors leading to a goal than anybody in the top 5 leagues. 

Which stats are you looking at? Defensive stats are a bit misleading.  HIs passing is some of the best in the league, and as SG wants a ball playing defender then he fits the bill.

As for Brazil, i've no idea why he's never been called up.  Their best defender is a 37 year old so who knows, they don't exactly have many difficult matches bar Argentina.

Â