Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is this a normal rate for defenders in mainland Europe?  Seems expensive?   Or does the price just go up if a PL team is interested?

Its a mix of both, Barcelona paid a similar price for Lengleta few seasons back but was his buyout clause

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I can see us going for both and selling Hause and one other from Mings or Konsa.

Carlos ( RCB ) and Bassey ( LCB/LB Backup ) would probably make me feel a bit better.

Bassey ( Or Hickey ? ) to replace Hause, Carlos to essentially replace Konsa.

From what I've read, Carlos is right footed but plays on the left side of the CB pairing.

However, I'm one of those weirdos who prefers the CBs and fullbacks to play on the side of their respective strong foot 

So if we sign both these guys we have 

Mings 

Konsa 

Carlos 

Tarkowski 

Bassey

Chambers

Hause 

So I guess 1 of those will be leaving. Hause? Seems alot of defenders with no European games.

Edited by Pissflaps

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

That would be a big shake-up of the first team!   Hope they all bed into Villa quick over the pre-season.

If they dont we are in big trouble next season

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Much more encouraged by Sevilla fans comments.

However, he better be head and shoulders above Tarkowski who is on a free.

As there will be a substantial transfer fee, as well as wages in sure 

Whereas Tarkowski is obviously only wages.

I do have faith in the board though so.

I think it'll be both.  But Mings isn't going to be satisfied playing a bit part in a World Cup year, if we could get £35m for him and Carlos is only costing about £10m, along with Tarkowski on a free would be decent business.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

and Carlos is only costing about £10m, 

Carlos is being quoted at 50 million Euros!  So roughly £42m GBP.

Newcastle had a £32m bid rejected in January.

I'd say this all points to Mings being  shown the door. He won't want to be bumped to the bench as a captain. Plenty of Prem sides would give him a starting job. 

Just now, ender4 said:

Carlos is being quoted at 50 million Euros!  So roughly £42m GBP.

Newcastle had a £32m bid rejected in January.

I meant £10m net. If we sell Mings for £35m, then sign Carlos for £45m.

• Like 1

Seems he's a LCB. 

This is a few years old, but interesting. He seems highly rated!

https://laligaanalysis.com/analysis/player-analysis/diego-carlos-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/amp

Diego Carlos 2019/20 – scout report

Mario Husillos Jr. Mario Husillos Jr.
2 years ago

Just ten months into his La Liga spell, Diego Carlos has already proven to be one of the signings of the season. The Brazilian centre-back arrived at Sevilla for a reported fee of €15 million last summer. His former club Nantes paid only €2 million for him back in 2016, but his price tag already seems outdated.

At Sevilla, Diego Carlos has found the consistency he may have lacked before in a career that has seen him play for eight clubs in four countries so far. As we will see in this tactical analysis, the conditions were always there, and he seems to be reaching his true potential under Julen Lopetegui.

His performances have risen a lot of interest from the biggest clubs in Europe. The likes of Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid or Napoli are following the 27-year-old defender. In this tactical analysis, we will take a look at the abilities that could solve the defensive issues of some UEFA Champions League clubs.

Just now, maqroll said:

I'd say this all points to Mings being  shown the door. He won't want to be bumped to the bench as a captain. Plenty of Prem sides would give him a starting job. 

Mings is certainly good enough, but many Prem clubs would think twice because of his reputation. Sign him and risk an uproar of angry fans. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I meant £10m net. If we sell Mings for £35m, then sign Carlos for £45m.

ah yes, that makes sense.   Mings would be perfect for Newcastle at £35m.

• Like 1

Unless we are selling Mings for somewhere near this # then I'm not feeling this at all. By the time Steven moves on we will have the oldest team in the PL. 

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

welcome!

Do Sevilla fans think he will be sold this summer?

Where do Sevilla fans think he will end up moving to? (which club).

It is very probably. PL is the only place where I think could pay this amount for a CB right now. I don´t see Barca, Madrid, Juve, Inter or Bayern willing to sign him.

Edited by Trensa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Mings is certainly good enough, but many Prem clubs would think twice because of his reputation. Sign him and risk an uproar of angry fans. 

Lol you think PL teams are going to Kaepernick him after everything that’s gone on over the last few years? Also, fvck the fans who would “uproar” over that.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Trensa said:

hello lads,

I am a Sevillista who likes to read other soccer forums, especially when they have to do with topics related to my team.

Some answers to questions about DC:

-He has not gone to Brazil because, for some strange reason, our players are not in the showcase for the national coaches. Kounde himself has taken a long time to go to France, despite having a great season in 2019. He himself has made many statements indicating that he is not happy with the Brazilian coach.

-There is always talk of DC's mistakes but they are rare, our defense is almost perfect and any mistake is noteworthy, but he is the one who puts out all the fires in defense.

-For me he is the best behind, counting Kounde, I think that Kounde would not have performed as he has without having someone like him nearby.

-I don't think we will sell it below €50M, expensive? Perhaps the age-price ratio is not the best, but it guarantees immediate performance.

-His superiority against the strikers in La Liga has been brutal, like adults against children.

Good post mate, thanks for the info! Definitely matches what what I've heard and seen (albeit not a huge amount) of him previously, I think some of his mistakes have just been bad to the point they've gotten posted on social media etc so there's been more of a spotlight, but fewest goals conceded in La Liga along with his reputation speaks for itself really. 

Appreciate what people are saying about Tarkowski but if Carlos can adjust to the league and take his form with him then he's a level above, would be a big signing to achieve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol you think PL teams are going to Kaepernick him after everything that’s gone on over the last few years?

No but fans of other clubs, who don’t watch him often, have for some reason decided he is a terrible player. 

• Like 1

Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade on Tarkowski who is free if he's going to be our only CB signing. I guess he has a fancier name but is that worth forking out 40m for.

If the plan is to sign two CB's this window can't help but think the smart thing would be to get a seasoned campaigner in like Tarkowski and spend the rumoured 40m for Carlos on someone with potential and resale value such as Botman or Bassey instead.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Confused 1

Â