Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Why are people desperate to move someone on when we potentially sign new players?

We want to get in the top 8 and challenge for cups. That requires strength in depth in all areas. 

Having him, Mings, Konza, Chambers and potentially one other is a strong group to do that. 

We need a competitive squad if we are to break into Europe. That means four quality centre backs. Mings isn’t going anywhere. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We need a competitive squad if we are to break into Europe. That means four quality centre backs. Mings isn’t going anywhere. 

Mings isn't going to sit about hoping for someone to be dropped/injured/suspended.  It's a World Cup year, he's just been dropped from the England squad.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Mings isn't going to sit about hoping for someone to be dropped/injured/suspended.  It's a World Cup year, he's just been dropped from the England squad.

Mings needs a consistent defensive partner. Konsa is out for a long time and we can’t wait - especially with a winter World Cup. We can rotate Chambers too. 

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd be gutted if we sold Ty

me too - but i highly doubt we are

i think our 4x CBs will be mings, konsa, chambers, and 1 of tarkowski/carlos/bassey

Him and Tarkowski would be incredible.

Him and Mings would be much more solid that what we've had.

Played in Portugal, France and Spain. Wonder if he can speak English? Be handy and add to this if he could.

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

£26 mill for him? We are starting to become quite good at finding opportunities to sign quality players for less eh?

Goes to show the power of long term scouting and keeping our cards close to our chests. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

mings will be a starter alongside either chambers/new guy

i can see konsa being the new hause

Â