Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Maybe has to do with him having his breakthrough relatively late, just a few years ago. And Brazil having players like Marquinhos and Thiago Silva of course. Still a bit odd tho

They have called up Miranda recently who is 37 like Thiago Silva and have called up Gabriel from Arsenal for the next games and a centre back from the Brazilian league 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I'm sure I saw on Gerrards Insta story he watched the Rangers game from home.

Maybe I'm remembering someone elses

Think that was the semi final vs Leipzig

Was stories he was flown out for the game but we played the next night

1 minute ago, Trensa said:

hello lads,

I am a Sevillista who likes to read other soccer forums, especially when they have to do with topics related to my team.

Some answers to questions about DC:

-He has not gone to Brazil because, for some strange reason, our players are not in the showcase for the national coaches. Kounde himself has taken a long time to go to France, despite having a great season in 2019. He himself has made many statements indicating that he is not happy with the Brazilian coach.

-There is always talk of DC's mistakes but they are rare, our defense is almost perfect and any mistake is noteworthy, but he is the one who puts out all the fires in defense.

-For me he is the best behind, counting Kounde, I think that Kounde would not have performed as he has without having someone like him nearby.

-I don't think we will sell it below €50M, expensive? Perhaps the age-price ratio is not the best, but it guarantees immediate performance.

-His superiority against the strikers in La Liga has been brutal, like adults against children.

That's made me feel a lot better.

How do Sevilla fans feel about potentially losing him? Is it a disappointing situation?

How bad are the financial issues that Marca have highlighted, Kounde to Chelsea has been talked about for a long time. It feels unlikely you'll see both in one window, or is it a bad financial situation and you could see yourselves selling them both?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trensa said:

hello lads,

I am a Sevillista who likes to read other soccer forums, especially when they have to do with topics related to my team.

-He has not gone to Brazil because, for some strange reason, our players are not in the showcase for the national coaches. Kounde himself has taken a long time to go to France, despite having a great season in 2019. He himself has made many statements indicating that he is not happy with the Brazilian coach.

-There is always talk of DC's mistakes but they are rare, our defense is almost perfect and any mistake is noteworthy, but he is the one who puts out all the fires in defense.

-For me he is the best behind, counting Kounde, I think that Kounde would not have performed as he has without having someone like him nearby.

-I don't think we will sell it below €50M, expensive? Perhaps the age-price ratio is not the best, but it guarantees immediate performance.

-His superiority against the strikers in La Liga has been brutal, like adults against children.

Thanks very much for the information.

Any further reports in Spain if this one is close to being agreed? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trensa said:

hello lads,

Thanks for the post. Is he a 'ball playing' defender or more of a 'no-nonsense' defender?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm sure I saw on Gerrards Insta story he watched the Rangers game from home.

Maybe I'm remembering someone elses

we also played burnley the very next day. he wasn't in sevilla watching the europa league final.

9 minutes ago, Trensa said:

hello lads,

Sounds a bit like Southgate with Villa players 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Thanks for the post. Is he a 'ball playing' defender or more of a 'no-nonsense' defender?

He is comfortable with the ball at his feet and has a good long shot but it is also true that our style of play is to get the ball played from behind, I don't know how that would fit in your team.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

That's made me feel a lot better.

How do Sevilla fans feel about potentially losing him? Is it a disappointing situation?

How bad are the financial issues that Marca have highlighted, Kounde to Chelsea has been talked about for a long time. It feels unlikely you'll see both in one window, or is it a bad financial situation and you could see yourselves selling them both?

It is disappointing but we are used to it.

Our philosophy is to get all the sports performance from the player and then sell it for off-market offers.

We knew that it was very likely that both would leave, Kounde was certain to leave him and DC too after Newcastle's offer last winter.

We paid about 40 million for both and we are going to get a capital gain of about 120 in three years, now is when Monchi's magic comes.

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Thanks very much for the information.

Any further reports in Spain if this one is close to being agreed? 

I heard a local radio saying that the negotiation exist but It is not that close between clubs. DC just sign in.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Trensa said:

hello lads,

welcome!

Do Sevilla fans think he will be sold this summer?

Where do Sevilla fans think he will end up moving to? (which club).

Much more encouraged by Sevilla fans comments.

However, he better be head and shoulders above Tarkowski who is on a free.

As there will be a substantial transfer fee, as well as wages in sure 

Whereas Tarkowski is obviously only wages.

I do have faith in the board though so.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see us going for both and selling Hause and one other from Mings or Konsa.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's tricky.... maybe Tarkowski is overall a 7/10 and Carlos is a 8/10.   Is a £40m fee worth that extra?   Maybe, maybe not.  Big decision to make from Purslow & Lange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I can see us going for both and selling Hause and one other from Mings or Konsa.

That would be a big shake-up of the first team!   Hope they all bed into Villa quick over the pre-season.

Â