Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

33 is the new 29. All this diet and nutrition stuff is prolonging careers.  My view is they should all retire at 30 and give youngsters a chance .

Have you ever seen Logan’s Run?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another I don't know much about, but based on some of the video analysis I've watched, and comments on here, seems a right sided Ming's?

As in, he can be brilliant, but is also prone to an error, this would go against the " being inconsistent " SG spoke of?

They do also make it seem like he is quite good on the ball though.

I think it's the ball playing part which is key. Plus he brings experience of European competition plus won the Europa League.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another I don't know much about, but based on some of the video analysis I've watched, and comments on here, seems a right sided Ming's?

As in, he can be brilliant, but is also prone to an error, this would go against the " being inconsistent " SG spoke of?

They do also make it seem like he is quite good on the ball though.

He's actually played on the left side of CB as Kounde (fellow Sevilla CB) is also right footed, so would be comfortable be playing either side. I love Mings but Carlos is of a higher level, there's the obvious caveats about how a player settles into the league and all of that but at face value it'd be quite a statement signing as he's been a quality player for a better side than Villa for several seasons now. 

He just balances out with some whopping errors from what I've seen.😂 Not hugely frequent just bad when they happen. It's probably why a "top" club haven't moved for him but I'm not sure exactly, same with the lack of Brazil call-ups which also seems odd given how much his reputation grew since he moved to Spain. Would be interesting to hear from someone more in the know on it.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

Quite a statement signing.

’Whopping errors’ not hugely frequent but bad when they happen

Top clubs haven’t moved in for him.

Lack of Brazil call ups

Yet his reputation has grown since moving to Spain.

Sounds like the kind of player that would provide some entertainment on here.

Lets buy him !!!.

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

https://www.marca.com/futbol/sevilla/2022/05/26/628f3cc546163f0e7a8b45b0.html

Link to the article if anyone is interested. 

The first contact between clubs is due, when May is not yet over, because Aston Villa knows of the interest of other clubs in Diego Carlos and wants to make a move first so that they do not take him away.

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Really poorly run club if they are going to sell us their player in order to spend a lot of money signing a player they already own

I'd imagine they want to keep Kounde as he is only 23 and one of the most in demand young CB in the world.  

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd imagine they want to keep Kounde as he is only 23 and one of the most in demand young CB in the world.  

I'd say they'll end up losing both and still somehow win the Europa league next season.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

I'd say they'll end up losing both and still somehow win the Europa league next season.

Probably.  They are a selling club, one of those clubs that sell their whole team and resurface in a couple years with a totally new squad. Then repeat.

• Like 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Just 6ft and long ball merchant . No thanks 

Don't we have one of them? 

Carlos long ball completion % is over 70%, Mings is 60%.  So at least he's better at it.

Â