Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Craig Dawson was relegated with WBA, Jonny Evans got relegated with Sunderland, both are playing for europa league teams.

Well i'm sure there are exceptions.  Johnny Evans did play for Man Utd for 7 season though so not really comparable.

I'd only know him because he's a joy to use at CB in early Ultimate Team days. 

Frankly his stats and some of the facts on him scream Brazilian Mings and I'd rather just keep Mings if that's the case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

33 is the new 29. All this diet and nutrition stuff is prolonging careers.  My view is they should all retire at 30 and give youngsters a chance .

You must get along well with SGC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

29 years old and expensive...seems outside our stated parameters.

That's literally the only parameters Gerrard had operated in until Monday. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

All cherry picked examples to prove your point.  I didn't say Carlos was better than Tarkowski or Tarkowski was better than Carlos, just that people are going to gravitate towards the player who's playing at a higher level

There's plenty of others.
What I was genuinely asking was if he is better or not, given the huge likely differential in cost? I don't know. Seems you don't either (fine, of course).
And yes, people gravitate to certain things perceived as being better - but reality is sometimes/often different. Which is why I think a few people on here are asking for a genuinely opinion?

3 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

There's plenty of others.
What I was genuinely asking was if he is better or not, given the huge likely differential in cost? I don't know. Seems you don't either (fine, of course).
And yes, people gravitate to certain things perceived as being better - but reality is sometimes/often different. Which is why I think a few people on here are asking for a genuinely opinion?

Tarkowski on a free makes more sense if money should be spent elsewhere like a top midfielder or striker. If we aren’t going for those then spending money on Carlos makes sense. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

33 is the new 29

and 45 is the new 35, that’s what I’m telling myself

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

All this diet and nutrition stuff is prolonging careers

Ahhhh bugger I’m doing it wrong!

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Eh?

28 year old Digne, 29 year old Coutinho, 32 year old Olsen. I forgot Chambers as well but I don't think a 27 year old back-up CB/RB really proves anything either way 

Only 3 players signed before Kamara this week. Not saying I'm not happy with them but I don't think you can say an expensive, late 20's player is completely out of the realm of the type of signing we're looking to make. 

Edited by skarroki
I forgot Chambers

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

28 year old Digne, 29 year old Coutinho, 32 year old Olsen 

Only 3 players signed before Kamara this week. Not saying I'm not happy with them but I don't think you can say an expensive, late 20's player is completely out of the realm of the type of signing we're looking to make. 

You’ve overlooked our best signing so far from Gerrard 😘

Just now, Steero113 said:

You’ve overlooked our best signing so far from Gerrard 😘

Yeah I dunno why I didn't twig that the Chambers pic was who I'd missed 🤦‍♂️ I thought it was a joke I didn't get so ignored it :(

• Like 1

Another I don't know much about, but based on some of the video analysis I've watched, and comments on here, seems a right sided Ming's?

As in, he can be brilliant, but is also prone to an error, this would go against the " being inconsistent " SG spoke of?

They do also make it seem like he is quite good on the ball though.

estimated 30-40m fee, plus huge wages, or Tarkowski for free and big wages....

Dunno.....i wonder if Tarkowski would be the better option, both are 29 so age isnt a comparable issue between them.

Can’t say I’ve seen much of him, but from what I’ve read, I’m not totally on board. 

Yes, that is me turning my nose up at a Brazilian centre half who’s played regular European football for a top 4 La Liga team. 

Â