Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade on Tarkowski who is free.

I guess he has a fancier name but is that worth forking out 40m for.

Tarkowski has a very fancy name, almost like Fellini or Fassbinder. But quite mediocre player.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if he is a natural LCB or just plays there due to Kounde preferring the RCB spot?

Personally think Konsa was on his way out before picking up the injury. Don't think SG has been all that impressed by him this season. 

Would be a bit gutted to see Mings go. Good player, good captain and an overall good guy. 

47 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I meant £10m net. If we sell Mings for £35m, then sign Carlos for £45m.

I don't see anyone buying Mings for anything over £15m.

Who would look to buy him? Who would pay the £25-40m we would want?

4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

I wonder if he is a natural LCB or just plays there due to Kounde preferring the RCB spot?

Personally think Konsa was on his way out before picking up the injury. Don't think SG has been all that impressed by him this season. 

Would be a bit gutted to see Mings go. Good player, good captain and an overall good guy. 

Carlos is right footed, so i assume RCB.

8 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

I don't get the whole left foot CDL and right foot CDR, if they are good enough their foot preference doesn't matter.  Terry/Carvalho? Vidic/Ferdinand?  All right footed.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Pardon?

If Maguire is worth £80 million how can you say Mings is £15 million?

Any bottom half team would be very interested in him.

I think some fans really need to give their head a wobble.

Don’t mind him. He’s got some sort of personal issue with Mings. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Maguire is worth £80 million how can you say Mings is £15 million?

I didn't say Mings is worth £15m.

Maguire isn't worth £80m either.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Any bottom half team would be very interested in him.

Who? Name three clubs who would bid the £25m-£40m we would want. Do they have those kinds of funds to spend on Mings?

25 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Tarkowski has a very fancy name, almost like Fellini or Fassbinder. But quite mediocre player.

This made me chuckle way more than it probably should have. Lol

Is Fassbinder an actual name?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

We really need 2 CB's. I have no confidence in our defence, every time the opposition attack, I fear the worst.

Mings is easily the best of our CB's, but in my opinion not good enough to achieve what the owners want.

A real quality back line would make a big difference to our team.

Plus a striker who can put away the numerous chances we create.

We are gradually making changes; it will take time, but it is an exciting time to be an Aston Villa supporter.

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

We really need 2 CB's. I have no confidence in our defence, every time the opposition attack, I fear the worst.

Mings is easily the best of our CB's, but in my opinion not good enough to achieve what the owners want.

A real quality back line would make a big difference to our team.

Plus a striker who can put away the numerous chances we create.

We are gradually making changes; it will take time, but it is an exciting time to be an Aston Villa supporter.

If we can get the defense and midfield right, the rest will fall into place. Hopefully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I assume one of us is being fed to the press by Sevilla/the Agent to convince the other to meet his release clause or increase our bid.

Probably Sevilla trying to get more money.  I doubt the players agent cares how much money he's sold for, all he'll care about is the players wages and signing fee which I would imagine decreases the more we have to pay Sevilla.

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why are people desperate to move someone on when we potentially sign new players?

We want to get in the top 8 and challenge for cups. That requires strength in depth in all areas. 

Having him, Mings, Konza, Chambers and potentially one other is a strong group to do that. 

Plus we get 5 subs next season so we’re heading towards “stockpiling” players thanks to the new rule change.

• Like 1

Â