Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’ve never heard anyone say he is that good,  I think a few on here just want so sing him based on his cool name and price tag, without actually knowing much about the player,  Lucas Dinge was deemed to old at the grand age of 28 when we signed him, but Diego Carlos at 29 is great business apparently.  

Maybe you don't watch enough Sevilla matches?  He's a starting centre back for a team that qualified for the CL and conceded the least amount of goals in the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe you don't watch enough Sevilla matches?  He's a starting centre back for a team that qualified for the CL and conceded the least amount of goals in the league.

Does he represent good value at £30m? I mean people were quick to say that Dinge didn’t,  I’m not scoffing at his ability or the fact he played champions league football, but there’s a few in our squad now that have played champions league football. 

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Red Cards and mistakes? Konsa and Mings he’s coming for you

He only has 4 yellows and 1 red, Kounde has more reds i'm assuming you wouldn't turn him down?

It’s the same problem as focusing on stats alone - it doesn’t tell the entire story nor define his ability. I trust Lange and the board on whatever targets they identify. Of course, it’s speculation and I take with salt, but I think a lot of people will be shocked by our business this window. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He only has 4 yellows and 1 red, Kounde has more reds i'm assuming you wouldn't turn him down?

It was a joke in reference to that stat on the last page. In reality most defenders will pick up cards and make a couple of mistakes a season. Whoever we bring in ill be confident in, because we’ll finally have that proper layer of protection infront of them in Kamara.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It was a joke in reference to that stat on the last page. In reality most defenders will pick up cards and make a couple of mistakes a season. Whoever we bring in ill be confident in, because we’ll finally have that proper layer of protection infront of them in Kamara.

He's a tad pricey, and a bit older than you'd like.  But him and Kounde have been absolutely solid for Sevilla.  

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Was going to say, he's largely regarded as an excellent player but makes quite a noticeable amount of big errors at the same time. Think certain fans' heads would explode if you partnered him with Mings.

So he's the Right sided version of Mings?

Get him in!

We love a character that we love to hate, and love!

• Haha 2

See I don't think this is as sure a thing as Tarkowski would be.

He'd be on same wages but we'd be paying about £30m for a guy who may not settle or could struggle with the league for a while.

• Like 1

Mentioned him last week. Newcastle have moved onto other targets now so yeah he's out there given he was interested in leaving them in January.

Seems Gerrard wants to sign an experienced and proven CB to keep Mings in check and calm him down on occasions so why not as he's done very well for Sevilla last few years.

Always feels we never go wrong with Scandinavian CB but not sure who's the best one out there these days. 

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

of course lol

Are those stats actually supposed to be bad? Loads of top CBs get sent off once a season, again more penalties given now due to VAR so one could be given for shirt pulling at corner or ball being smashed at his arm.

Those stats above are basically describing Mings from 20/21 and he had a pretty good season given how strong defensively we were up to March.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Does he represent good value at £30m? I mean people were quick to say that Dinge didn’t,  I’m not scoffing at his ability or the fact he played champions league football, but there’s a few in our squad now that have played champions league football. 

Starting CBs aren't supposed to cost 30m? We signed Mings when he'd played about 20 prem games for 25m and Konsa was 15m despite never playing a prem game. Both been good value for us even if we've seen their flaws in trying to push us into top 10.

Think issue here is Sevilla more likely to sell Jules Kounde who Chelsea really want and he'll be in 50m bracket so can't see them cashing in on both of their starting CBs.

Edited by VillaChris

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Always feels we never go wrong with Scandinavian CB but not sure who's the best one out there these days. 

Kjaer maybe or Christensen but probably wouldn't have a chance at either then be maybe Ajer, Lindelof or Andersen 

Just now, Zatman said:

Kjaer maybe or Christensen but probably wouldn't have a chance at either then be maybe Ajer, Lindelof or Andersen 

Kjaer well into his 30s, Christensen going to Barca and seemingly not the most reliable player.

Lindelof, no thanks. Big fan of Joachim Anderson but he'd be in 40m bracket given how well he's done at Palace.

Should've got him last summer given he can play in a back 3 and we quickly changed to that in the dark final days of Dean Smith.

From Twitter (Rubén Uría @rubenuria):

Jules Koundé y Diego Carlos, en el radar de la Premier. Chelsea y Aston Villa, interés y futura ofensiva. Aún no hay ofertas concretas. Si hay negociación, el Sevilla tendrá la sartén por el mango. Cláusula Diego Carlos, 80 M€. Cláusula Koundé, 90 M€. https://goal.com/es/noticias/kounde-y-diego-carlos-la-premier-league-viene-a-por-los/blta2140811385410a2…

Translated:

Jules Koundé and Diego Carlos, on the radar of the Premier. Chelsea and Aston Villa, interest and future offensive. There are no concrete offers yet. If there is a negotiation, Sevilla will have the upper hand. Diego Carlos Clause, 80 M € . Koundé Clause, 90 M € .

Â