Luis Suarez

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

For me he would of buried Ings's chances against Liverpool or was it Burnley and Watkins chances against City. 

It's not only about burying chances, getting the opportunity usually involves quick movement. Many chances are created that way as well, through pressing, being first to loose balls etc. A front three of Coutinho, Buendia and Suarez would risk being static.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It's not only about burying chances, getting the opportunity usually involves quick movement. Many chances are created that way as well, through pressing, being first to loose balls etc. A front three of Coutinho, Buendia and Suarez would risk being static.

Basically, we need someone with Ollie's work ethic, and tenacity, who can finish like Ings in his prime.

As we know, that probably wouldn't be cheap at all!

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Playing in and being at the required level of are two different things. Ali Dia played in the premier league, was he a PL level striker? 

The fact I have no idea who that is might answer that.

• Haha 1

Happy for him here for a season. Give us more firepower  albeit either from the bemchbor playing 45 mins from the start.

With other areas being priorities we might have to wait a season for a real top striker in his prime. 

Plus he would be a great face of the franchise for Las Vegas Villans. Perfect for them 🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Do people actually care about this? I'd have probably done the same. 

I think its the only thing he gets away with for me, any professional would do the same thing

If we wanted to sign an over the hill ex Liverpool striker from La Liga we should have tried to sign Iago Aspas. Still a good scoring rate for a shitter team and a true leader at Celta Vigo

47 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I think with the two 10s you need a player like Suarez who knows where to be, anticipates passes etc.. we see how well Ings links up with Buendia, because he has that poachers brain and the way he thinks. Watkins doesn't have that

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If we wanted to sign an over the hill ex Liverpool striker from La Liga we should have tried to sign Iago Aspas. Still a good scoring rate for a shitter team and a true leader at Celta Vigo

Aspas is one of my favourites. Wonderful player. I read somewhere one reason it didn't work out for him in the Prem was that he didn't understand a single word of English, so after a while he just gave up and went home.

9 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Bring him here, let him be our b'stard 

With him being horrible up front , Carlos and possibly Ty at the back , boubs and possibly Bissouma in the middle , some bad muthas down that spine 👊

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chine said:

With him being horrible up front , Carlos and possibly Ty at the back , boubs and possibly Bissouma in the middle , some bad muthas down that spine 👊

Managers favourite word when it comes to football is "aggressive" and it seems like that it something we will be next season for sure. 

Edited by villaglint

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think for me the important thing about the handball against Ghana is that it was twelve years ago.

We must remember Suarez was only 32 twelve years ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't our Emis basically lie about where they were ( Stupidly as high profile players ) to avoid Covid protocol in game against Brazil? lol

I would imagine that the Emis did not fill in their passanger locator forms themselves. Some lacky in the AFA will have been told by some big wig "make sure you don't mention that these two were in a high risk area two days ago".

Edited by sparrow1988

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Aspas is one of my favourites. Wonderful player. I read somewhere one reason it didn't work out for him in the Prem was that he didn't understand a single word of English, so after a while he just gave up and went home.

He's only remembered for that awful corner! But obviously a very good player.

Â