Jump to content

Luis Suarez


maqroll
 Share

Recommended Posts

Chuckling to myself because while this may well happen, “he said he wants to stay in Europe” is about as dodgy a reason to start a thread as me starting one for my dad because he told me the other day he drove past Bodymoor :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Chuckling to myself because while this may well happen, “he said he wants to stay in Europe” is about as dodgy a reason to start a thread as me starting one for my dad because he told me the other day he drove past Bodymoor :)

What's your Dad's goalscoring record like? Prob a similar age to Suarez and much less expensive wages wise. I'm guessing your Dad doesn't have a biting/racist reputation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one who'd be on high wages and on the way down rather than up. He scored 11 in 35 this season which is exactly the same as Watkins who we want to improve on.

 

Another no from me. If we could entice David, Schick or Nunez here then absolutely buy a striker as they are all upgrades on what we have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic doing it for United at 37 and 38. Benzema going to win Ballon D'or at 34 and is less than a year younger than Suarez. Suarez salary is reported to be £160k / 200k euro. So can fit in our pay structure. 

Hilarious there is opposition to him joining. But look there was lots of opposition to Coutinho too. 

The profile of the club in a World Cup year with Gerrard, Coutinho, Suarez all at the club!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

quality player who i'm sure will score goals

struggling to get on board though cause he's a nasty piece of work

The nastiness on the pitch (aside from biting) is something we need on the pitch if I’m honest because we are way too nice and teams take advantage.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Another one who'd be on high wages and on the way down rather than up. He scored 11 in 35 this season which is exactly the same as Watkins who we want to improve on.

 

Another no from me. If we could entice David, Schick or Nunez here then absolutely buy a striker as they are all upgrades on what we have. 

Massive difference. Almost half his appeareances this season where off the bench.

Suarez was on 170 minutes per goal. Ollie is on minutes per goal. Not even remotely close. 

Edit: As a further comparison, only Salah, Son, Mahrez, Ronaldo, De Bruyne, Jota and Sterling have a higher goal per minute ratio and have played more minutes this season in the PL.

I'm not super happy about getting Suarez either, but one thing you can't put him down for is his goalscoring.

 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see no sense in this when it would just limit the game time of our hottest prospect in cameron archer

I think its a bit too soon for Archer anyway. He should be getting a loan to a promotion chasing Championship team next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The nastiness on the pitch (aside from biting) is something we need on the pitch if I’m honest because we are way too nice and teams take advantage.

Yeah and we need a player who can “earn” penalties like Salah at Liverpool.

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

So.

TheTrees says private flight from Madrid lands at 1.10pm today. It's like the good old days again. Tracking flights is Prime VT.

 

Is theTrees still active on this forum or has Twitter taken him from us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see no sense in this when it would just limit the game time of our hottest prospect in cameron archer

Archer is the one who would benefit most. Learning from Suarez and getting his game time off the bench. Archer isn't ready yet, he's had half a season of mid table Championship football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â