Luis Suarez

maqroll

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If this is going to be our only striker signing this summer then it’s a big no from me.

Any other decent striker is going to be 50 mil plus. So I'd be happy with either Watkin's or Ing's and Suarez as a back up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, the Ghana handball is an absolute non-issue.

Try telling that to a Ghanaian!

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Do people actually care about this? I'd have probably done the same. 

Not the actual handball itself that bothers me so much, but watching Gyan miss the pen from just outside the tunnel and celebrating so openly, shows a lack of class imo

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Not the actual handball itself that bothers me so much, but watching Gyan miss the pen from just outside the tunnel and celebrating so openly, shows a lack of class imo

I mean tbf he was only 23 at the time. There are a lot of issues with Sureaz but I just don't see how that is one of them.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I mean tbf he was only 23 at the time. There are a lot of issues with Sureaz but I just don't see how that is one of them.

I was 20 at the time and wouldn’t have done it, don’t think him being young makes it ok to be a word removed 

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

I have some Ghanaians in my family and already they hate me/us because of Suarez potentially signing lol. But yeah a lot of them are not over the handball, there was growing belief they could've been the first African nation to win a World Cup that year (to be fair that Ghana team were really good and had all the momentum a that point). It's funny because 2 of my cousins are Liverpool fans and they still loved him despite the handball lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I assume he’ll go back out on loan but to a higher level team

I think he will, but only in January. I think the fact we've EFL Cup games and essentially two pre seaons (one during WC) he'll stay with us

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Was he supposed to be sad his country went through?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chappy said:

Imagine villa get to the fa cup final and Suarez does exactly the same thing again as he did v Ghana and that results in us winning the cup. 

He would be treated as a hero by pretty much 99.9% of villa fans. that’s exactly why Gerrard what’s him here because his mentality is win at all costs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Suarez was incredible when I last saw him play, which was for Liverpool. 

If we are signing 35 year olds, Cavani is still a great player.

Good shout. He still has it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Imagine villa get to the fa cup final and Suarez does exactly the same thing again as he did v Ghana and that results in us winning the cup. 

He would be treated as a hero by pretty much 99.9% of villa fans. that’s exactly why Gerrard what’s him here because his mentality is win at all costs. 

Pretty much every player in the world would try and stop the ball from going into their own net. Richard Dunne excluded.

Â