Luis Suarez

maqroll

I'm completely indifferent on this one.

Pros
- Raises the profile of the club
- We need another striker that can finish when Ings leaves his shooting boots at home
- In terms of the player, he will be good for younger players such as Archer to be around.

Cons
- Getting on a bit, but then he wouldn't be expected to start many games anyway
- Will likely be on big wages for what he'd actually offer us
- In terms of the man, might not be so good for any players to be around if he's as awful as Zatman is making him out to be. 

Fundamentally, I'd just trust the board on this one to make the right decision for the club. 

• Like 1

Racism

Biting

That awful handball against Ghana.

Not a nice person and would rather not have him at the club. He was a class player though so maybe he could repent a little by helping Cameron Archer develop?

• Like 1

Hopefully the reason he looked so past it this season was that he couldn't be bothered as he fell out with Simeone or that he was carrying a injury that hampered him.

If it's another reason then I rather we stayed away since he was a pale shadow of his former self this season.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

2 league goals in his last 12 games vs Alaves who finished bottom

4 league goals in 2022 and 9 minutes in 4 Champions League games when his team were desperate for a goal

I was at one of these games and I promise you the rest of the Atletico team did nothing to help him.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Pros
- We need another striker that can finish when Ings leaves his shooting boots at home
- In terms of the player, he will be good for younger players such as Archer to be around.

Cons
- In terms of the man, might not be so good for any players to be around if he's as awful as Zatman is making him out to be. 

Fundamentally, I'd just trust the board on this one to make the right decision for the club. 

If he’s as awful as Zatman says he is he’d be pelted to death in the street. 😅

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Pros

Cons

very well summarised. the reason i'm a no, is that we can probably find someone who isn't a bit bitey or racist that also ticks the points you mention in the 'pros' section 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chappy said:

Racism

Biting

Not a nice person and would rather not have him at the club. He was a class player though so maybe he could repent a little by helping Cameron Archer develop?

Archer developing angle I dont get it. Whats in it for Suarez, he doesn't have a track record of helping youngsters 

Ronaldo at United was a similar narrative and Rashford, Martial and he who cant be named have gone backwards 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

cheating on his Italian Citizens test is a bit irrelovant as a reason not to sign him 

Didn't our Emis basically lie about where they were ( Stupidly as high profile players ) to avoid Covid protocol in game against Brazil? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't our Emis basically lie about where they were ( Stupidly as high profile players ) to avoid Covid protocol in game against Brazil? lol

Yes we can take the higher moral ground if we wish but the only question I care about is whether he is still quick enough to perform in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

For me he would of buried Ings's chances against Liverpool or was it Burnley and Watkins chances against City. 

To be fair, INGS would usually bury Ings chances missed recently.

We forget that his first goal for us was a nonchalantly acrobatic scissor/bicycle kick!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

For me he would of buried Ings's chances against Liverpool or was it Burnley and Watkins chances against City. 

He wouldn't have got near Watkins chances at City because he'd have been chugging along behind Fernandinho.

Ings' finishing this season has been one of the biggest disappointments for me. That's what happens when you sign players on the downslope though. They can suddenly get worse at almost everything for no reason. Time waits for no man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

No doubt Suarez is a better finisher than Ollie but he’d never have been in the position to take that chance against City. Watkins showed very good pace to make that chance, part of the reason he fluffed it was because he couldn’t slow himself down enough. 

Im torn on Suarez always hated the guy and no idea if he’ll be effective for us. Still could have said the same about Terry and I managed to support Villa with him in team for a year. 

27 minutes ago, chappy said:

Racism

Biting

Do people actually care about this? I'd have probably done the same. 

• Like 3

Â