Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I don’t care what anyone says. This is down to Gerrard and that terrible sub. Why take our best player off for our worst? 

Yup. He’s **** it. 

• Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

This isn't all on Gerrard. Too many players caught out for at least two of their goals.

Cash for the first and 3rd. How does a player ghost in at the back post once and then you let him do it again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah blame mings for cutting out the ball and not the guy who just stood there looking at it while the city player ran past him 

City wanted it more 

Bad control or bad clearance take your pick.  Still his fault.  

Put McGrath in that position and the ball goes out of play and the goal isn't scored.

It's not a 9nce off it's every game.  Sloppy pass, 10 yards deeper than the rest of the defence, poor control, clearance not finding touch - he's simply not good enough.

1 minute ago, Hanky said:

The Coutinho sub looking a real poor one.

I think he was shot to be fair 

However, it was probably the wrong decision to attempt to " Hold " against Man City.

It never ends well.

Conceding 3 in 5 minutes is absolutely criminal don’t care who your playing.

And of course Liverpool score now, watch this be played for the rest of eternity alongside the Aguero moment 🤢

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Nakamba really is the harbinger of doom.

Thing is, he was mainly awful for most of his career here. He played a few games as defensive midfield where we had a bit of a purple patch before he got injured

I think he's mainly reverted to type now, he's really not a very good player. We unquestionably need to replace him with substantially better quality (which it look like we've done in all fairness).