Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, allani said:

Not quite sure how you can blame a manager when McGinn and Luiz are just letting people run past them.  They are supposed to be international level footballers.

Mcginn can't run. Sub the guy!!!!!

Just now, Wurzel said:

Remember this, this is hopefully the last time we see a Villa side that is so fragile. Next season we must be much stronger. Much work to be done.

5min. 5 short minutes of total mental collapse. We need to up our mental for sure.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he was shot to be fair 

However, it was probably the wrong decision to attempt to " Hold " against Man City.

It never ends well.

Yep fair enough if he was gone. Buendia looked more knackered than him but don’t know that.

Just now, Wurzel said:

Remember this, this is hopefully the last time we see a Villa side that is so fragile. Next season we must be much stronger. Much work to be done.

Not as long as Gerrard is the manager...  

That first goal is so, so big - it gives them a massive boost and breaks our resistance - I don't think you can underestimate the effect of it.

I'm not going to lay into this as a collapse - it's football, it's emotion, we've played pretty well.

• Like 3

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

what ever the result I have really enjoyed the game 

Great game, but severely disappointing to lose in 5 minutes no matter who they are.

Just proves how far away they are or how poor we can be, take you pick.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Would sell Luiz for the right price too

He was excellent until 75 minutes. We just played the highest intensity team in world football. Our players are knackered doing constant off ball work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Jesus, Naka is crap today

He is crap most days. Good against stronger teams apart from City. He is always terrible against City. It's like he's never been thought how to defend a 1-2.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

3rd goal Mings’ fault 😂😂

he makes a very good interception and the rest of the team are half asleep 

I think he slipped slightly as he played the ball, didnt get enough on it as a result

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Why we getting a new head coach ?

• Like 1

All this money spent every season and STILL we have an absolutely s**t powder puff midfield since Petrov and Milner. How the hell can you get such an important, probably THE most important spine of your team wrong for over 10-12 years!?!

It's seriously unacceptable and in any other business a stackable offence. It's disgraceful and there are serious questions that have be asked at those before and now in recruitment.