Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

We haven’t been great but much the better side. More shots, attacks, possession and corners whilst they’ve done **** all aside from getting a penalty also extremely lucky to not be down to 10 men.

Popes made a couple of good saves and Buendia and Watkins both had headed chances they should have done better with. We have a options on the bench and another couple of gears of intensity, draw at the least for me.

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

The football has been good, there's just nothing up top to worry Burnley. Watkins doesn't have anything in his locker in these type of games. A low block finds him out.  Chukwuemeka wants the game at half speed.

No it hasn't. Passing it around a back 3 in effect with Dougie unopposed against this mob is not good football.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Been watching on mute tbf, but that's shocking for the final game of the season.

My only defence of it is because its the last game and its not been a good season 

No one cares... Unless its negative

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

When we lose this and the game on Sunday, that will be 20 defeats in a season. Over half the games played. That’s bad. Very bad. 

So bad it’s quite hard to defend in all honesty, some people will though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bose said:

Haven’t bee able to watch. How is Chuck doing?

He’s a bag of nerves and that’s translating into him not playing very well - needs to calm himself down a bit and he’ll be fine 

• Like 1

I must be watching a different game to some on here.

We have done ok. Emi lost his head for a second which is a shame as he is playing well.

Chuck has been quiet so suspect he will get 10 minutes and then be off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

When we lose this and the game on Sunday, that will be 20 defeats in a season. Over half the games played. That’s bad. Very bad. 

Didn't we lose 20 under Lambert one season?

Just now, villa4europe said:

My only defence of it is because its the last game and its not been a good season 

No one cares... Unless its negative

I mean tbf that's how I've felt about Villa in 2022 but I'm sure I'd be able to gee myself up for the last home game

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Been watching on mute tbf, but that's shocking for the final game of the season.

Posted it earlier, but there was literally "is this a library" from Burnley fans that you could clearly here in the first 10-15 minutes, hard to believe how dead it is

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, AV82 said:

It's that obvious you can't find one example. Burnley are letting us have the ball and you're mistaking that as domination. Oh dear.

All you’ve done is whinge we’ve dominated the ball and had way more chances. They’ve also defended well. I wasn’t looking for an example btw. Another overreacting worrier for the ignore list toodles.

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

Do you think next season will be better?

Why the f**k not ? Must be some kind of record moaning about the next season before this one has even finished. There are other teams to follow. ( note follow not support ) perhaps you should have a look around ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bose said:

Haven’t bee able to watch. How is Chuck doing?

Hasn’t stood out but hasn’t been poor,  is there another 18 year old starting at premier league level we can compare him to? No not many, people are overeacting because they expect him to be Haaland.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

Just now, mottaloo said:

Dirty Leeds better go down if we lose tonight !

Or Everton go down who are 300 - 400m in debt with a brand new stadium does.

Every cloud has a silver lining i guess.

• Like 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Didn't we lose 20 under Lambert one season?

It was very bad then as well. God knows how many we lost the season we went down. Must be close to 30.