Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

F*** off Villa, f*** off Gerrard, another defeat incoming. Watch Burnley just sit back now and we'll do nothing because we're shite. 

There's still 45 minutes in front of the Holte left mate. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Oh dear. 

It's that obvious you can't find one example. Burnley are letting us have the ball and you're mistaking that as domination. Oh dear.

Carney not earning that contract. Luiz can leave I really don’t care.

Cash Digne and McGinn all playing well. We haven’t been bad but we don’t looking like scoring at all. 

Thought we played great football in that half lol don’t get what the moaning is about…

Guy everyone wanted to start starts, plays well and gives away a pen

I care more about how we play than how the results go at this point.  Thought we dominated the half.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

There's no doubt in my mind that we lose this 0-1. There's absolutely no way Gerrard finds a way through Burnley's defence.

Didnt we find a way through it 3 times two weeks ago?

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No one is to blame but emi buendia.how can u blame gerrard for a idiotic challenge from buendia?

What about the toothless performance before it? If we'd actually created some decent chances we'd be well clear and one mistake wouldn't have us 1-0 down.

Surprised I feel as pissed off as I do given the season is over, but we are set up to lose. Complacency. 

Msaking very heavy work of this, and it’s embarrassing Gerrard on his last home game. FFS send out a team to win, we are 14th not 4th. Embarrassing.

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gerrard's fault?

Of course, should never have started him.

• Sad 1

We are a disgrace. What is Watkins offering, irrespective of being out numbered. Buendia trying too hard to impress for not being given a fair chance - stupid tackle though. Mings hates it when strikers are physical. We are just a bit of a shit team. Burnley the most odious of clubs. 

Dear Steven,

You can actually send a team out to come out all guns blazing in a game rather this constant slow and lethargic crap we see every single game from you and your team!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I think I’m watching a different game at times, the footballing version of Shallow Hal, I thought we have been excellent that half 🤷‍♂️

What specifically was excellent?

Burnley have stood off Villa and let us have it right up to their penalty area where they’ve defended very well.

Dont mistake lots of possession for being excellent. We haven’t created a single good chance for all that possession.