Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Burnley sat deep and compact and we have no answer for it, their shape and discipline is good, they've taken Watkins completely out of the game 

We were fine up until around 30 mins and then majorly dropped off, midfield has to do more, if 3 defenders take up Watkins there has to be space somewhere and we aren't using it

Going long is a complete waste of time, not even sure going wide and crossing is much better, has to come through the middle

• Like 1

As per the commentary...villa...slow...lack of spark.

Like watching a training game.

If I was burnley now...id let us have ball...best tactic to win the game....we do nothing with it and more likely to cough it up

Just now, jim said:

Gerrards fault for Buendia being a tool twice.
You’ve all been slating him for not starting Buendia. You get your wish and he’s let us down big time.

Yeah and a 1 goal deficit looks terminal against the mighty Burnley.

140 million spent this season for 44 points and 14th place,  if Burney win today and win their final game we finish 4 points ahead of them.

Absolute dog turd season, Stevie G and half this team can do one as far as I’m concerned, just not good enough at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14th it is then. Finishing below Newcastle, Brentford, Palace and the likes.

Silver lining, id much rather Everton or Leeds drop

Gerrard needs to be proactive now, get Ings on. We look much better with 2 up top.

We started well, but as ever, if we dont get an early goal we just retreat into boring posession based nothingness

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I think I’m watching a different game at times, the footballing version of Shallow Hal, I thought we have been excellent that half 🤷‍♂️

We've been decent, I'm not sure I'd say excellent. 

We've got a few players not in the game at all.

First time in this thread so haven’t read what people have been saying.

Has Carney been either nonexistent and when we do see him has been really shit? Or am I seeing things?

2 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Didnt we find a way through it 3 times two weeks ago?

We won't today when Burnley are a gnats bollock hair away from safety, have 5 at the back and our crowd start groaning before we even hit 60 on the clock.

Edited by AV82

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I think I’m watching a different game at times, the footballing version of Shallow Hal, I thought we have been excellent that half 🤷‍♂️

Couldn't disagree more tbh.  This half has been the equivalent of 

Missed Punch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

They've let us have the ball and come at them, knowing we can do **** all to break them down. We look poor.

• Haha 1

Buendia just went batshit crazy there for a moment. First he pushed Long from the back (pen worthy in itself) and then went for the kill. What the **** happened in his head? And how do we make sure it won't happen again?

Christ and so it begins.. 

Burnley came for a draw, hard to break a team down fighting for their lives with ten men behind the ball. 

Not his fault Buendia is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Gerrards fault for Buendia being a tool twice.
You’ve all been slating him for not starting Buendia. You get your wish and he’s let us down big time.

Quite rightly we’ve been slating him - piss poor management. No defending that tackle at all but he is clearly trying too hard to impress for not being given a fair chance.