Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

4 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Silva has had some promising cameos off of the bench albeit he has yet to find the net (3 assists in Cup games). 

And here come good old Villa, the team any player or manager on a shit run want to see as their next fixture. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Hwang has scored once (an intercepted back pass) since October. His general all round play is poor, he doesn't hold the ball up well and has yet to start as a traditional Number 9. Silva has had some promising cameos off of the bench albeit he has yet to find the net (3 assists in Cup games). He has only played for 250 odd minutes in the Premier League this season, the majority of those in his 2 starts.

Yeah I know Hwang has dipped from his bright start when he scored some really good goals and was linking up well with Raul but Silva just dosen't look like he'll ever cut it in prem. No doubt you've got Mendes on the case and he'll end up at Valencia or Monaco for even more than you signed him for very soon....

I actually think a front 3 of Neto, Trincao and Podence would cause us all sorts of issues compared to playing a usual CF anyway but doubt you'd go that radical.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Don't think I've ever been more ambivalent ahead of a Villa game apart from the relegation season.

There's still a chance of interesting finish to end of season if we win it. Certainly would be expecting us to break 50 points.

Think I'm just looking for a good performance as worrying how passive we're starting to get under Gerrard whenever we face anyone above us who's in o.k form. Very flat v West Ham and Arsenal so no good if he once again picks his regular line up and then moans post match the gameplan wasn't followed.

Want to see us take some risks and get in Wolves faces from the off as they'll be fragile after their Leeds collapse.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is an interesting game, we have lost the last 2 with the Arsenal performance being dismal. 

This could be 3 in a row then Spurs next week and Liverpool soon after {I can see it being rescheduled soon}

Edited by Zatman

I really don't know what to think from this game.

If we start with Coutinho & Beundia then i'd say we'll simply see another inept Watford/Newcastle/Arsenal toothless performance & loss with barely a shot on target.

If we don't set up like that then i havn't a clue. We are so inconsistent and worryingly we are normally awful after an international break.

If i was going to guess i'd say a 0-2 loss but here's hoping.

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

And here come good old Villa, the team any player or manager on a shit run want to see as their next fixture. 

I wonder if this is really true, or if we all just feel like that. Normally, I'd say with confidence that we just feel like that, being Villa fans. But, when it comes to Villa, I can't just dismiss the thought. 

This has definitely got a 1-1 draw written all over it. Which is acceptable after both sides recent form. We could really do with a win though going into some tough games. 

Only five pages in this thread tells you all you need to know when deciding whether this is a derby or not. 

Cant wait for this one. living in Telford and originally from Cannock, I am knee deep in Dingle fans. 

I need to walk into work Monday saying nothing and just looking smug, especially after the way I have mouthed off all week. 1:4 come on

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

1:4 come on

Emi Martinez should batter you for your constant lack of belief in his ability to keep clean sheets. 

• Like 1

For some reason the run in doesn't look so bad now that the Liverpool game is gone from the schedule.

Wolves a, Spurs h, Leicester a, Norwich h 

We can win all of those games. I'd like to see us scrape out draws when it's not going our way instead of losing. 8 to 10 points would be a great result from these 4 games.

A win at Wolves hugely important as if we win our game in hand against Burnley we're 4 points behind them. 

12 minutes ago, Adman said:

They've got jiminez and nevez out haven't they?  I recon 0-1 watkins

yeah they have.

With no Neves or Jiminez, its probably the best reasonable chance we would have of getting a win.

This is Villa though, so i would never expect that ofc.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Adman said:

They've got jiminez and nevez out haven't they?  I recon 0-1 watkins

If this were a couple of seasons back that would be better news than this season.

Jiminez has barely scored this season so him being out is not as damaging as you would hope.

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't think I've ever been more ambivalent ahead of a Villa game apart from the relegation season.

100%. It's such a strange feeling with Villa lately, and I'm starting to wonder how much I care. Expecting another turgid, joyless performance today.

Glad proper football is back, another 2 weeks wasted farting about with internationals. 

Wolves will not be a walk over, it will be tough to get anything tbh, however, if all players execute the right geplan then we have enough to get goals and put them away. 

0-4 villa, Mings, Cash and a Coutihno brace. Utv

• Like 1

Wolves and Villa are very closely matched. I think the first goal will be key today. Wolves have been very lucky so far this season, including against us at VP. Hopefully we’ll get our own back today. 1-2 to the Villa boys. UTV