Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Late Covid protocol then? Lots of Covid going around right now

Can't see it being a late Covid protocol - we could have a bit going around Bodymoor though I guess - we were missing a few U23's yesterday and we're missing at least Hause and Ings today - maybe we're just at bare bones.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm guessing Ings must have been injured during the week - it makes no sense for us not to have nine subs at all - that's a choice.

If Ings and Hause are injured, we could have pulled someone out of the youth ranks - Chrisene didn't play yesterday for the U23's for example.

Maybe its a late drop out?

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Must be a late injury to somebody (Ings?) U23s played last night, another age group in action today already. That's only reason I can see.

It makes absolutely no sense to play u23s games a day before league games esp if we going to use 5 subs next season as we may need them to call on. 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can't see it being a late Covid protocol - we could have a bit going around Bodymoor though I guess - we were missing a few U23's yesterday and we're missing at least Hause and Ings today - maybe we're just at bare bones.

Gerrard seemed to say everyone was available with exception of Nakamba yesterday. We've seen these before where on the day it's been "covid protocol" for players missing.

We'll see what Gerrard says I suppose. Carney, Buendia and Traore should be getting mins off the bench I'd say 

Just now, claretman said:

Sky sports reporting that Ings is out due to the birth of his first child.  

Ahhh great news for him.bit wierd we didnt plan ahead for this with a player being available?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Ings is out for any period of time, we might have to recall a loanee.

Davis, Archer or Barry?

Can't recall a player outside of the transfer window I don't believe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ahhh great news for him.bit wierd we didnt plan ahead for this with a player being available?

Probably only a 12-18 hour window that he would miss the game. If baby was born last night he'd play or after game. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Can't recall a player outside of the transfer window I don't believe

Let's hope we don't lose anyone else!

Thinking about it, with the number of fringe players that are out on loan - if Ings is missing this one and Hause and Chrisene are injured - it's hard to see who we would bring in to the squad - Brad Young I guess would be the most likely.