Pre-Match Thread

Nigel

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Lopsided team? Coutinho in the middle and Bailey on the wing? Or both as wide strikers? Or number tens? Curious how it'll pan out.

Think Coutinho will start on the left with licence to drift in e.g. exactly role Grealish played for last 18 months.

Like the rotation and love the fact we've got a bench with players the quality of Traore, Luiz, and Buendia on. This could go very well indeed.... or be a complete shitshow. Guess that's the fun of it

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sinisalo added to the bench. 

Two keepers on there.

Weird.

Strange, Ings must've felt something on the team coach as Sinisalo wasn't on the bench when I looked at the twitter feed two minutes ago.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d love to see Sanson make that DM spot his own… but we all know he’s too short for that. 

I wouldn't. I really think he'd be our best 8, I know we have loads and the rest are outperforming him at the minute. But his energy and positivity I think is a potential huge asset. He's been very keen in his cameos and has been unlucky not to have a bigger impact but I'm keen to see how he does today with 60-90 mins. 

I feel Ramsey has had a lot of plaudits for how positive his play is but in the short bursts I've seen from Sanson he's every bit as positive and willing to push the play forward. Sanson does it more through passing the ball ahead of his target, dragging them forwards where Ramsey does it through running the ball forwards but there's similarity. I think rotating him with Ramsey or McGinn - both of who go through periods of the season where they tire could be his best use. 

Anyway, hope he does well today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sinisalo added to the bench. 

Two keepers on there.

Weird.

We had planned to play 4 3 1 2 with Ings up top with Watkins. Assume he's injured in warm up and so we are keeping the formation and so Bailey comes in for Ings. 

I'm guessing Ings must have been injured during the week - it makes no sense for us not to have nine subs at all - that's a choice.

If Ings and Hause are injured, we could have pulled someone out of the youth ranks - Chrisene didn't play yesterday for the U23's for example.