Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That sounds exciting on paper, but Brighton finished 9th and are already a very decent side.

Adding a finisher probably propels then up a few places, or at least keeps them where they are.

If people think all of a sudden we are going to be assembling a Team of Galacticos and challenging top 4 they are going to be dissappointed.

Every team in and around us will be looking to improve, and it's very fine margins.

Look at all the teams above 10th and you will realise there is a reason the PL is the toughest in the World.

I'm optimistic, but realistic.

EDIT: If they lose Bissouma , Espeically to us, it's a totally different proposition to be fair.

True about Brighton but this is their ceiling. With all the will in the world and claret & blue specs off I'd still expect us to be chosen over them because of ambition and expectation is higher, and the players we speak to should (and you's hope) would see that too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Five years ago we bought in Samba and Whelan, and Josh Onomah on loan. 

Thank MvGrath for the progress we've made since then.

3 years ago we were a game away from probably being stuck in the Championship, or worse, for the long run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Not sure whether he’s attainable, but Barcelona want shot of Depay. Can’t say I’ve seen much of him in recent years, but he’d be a good signing, no?

You answered your own question.

• Haha 2

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere here. Apparently in for this guy from Seville. Newcastle tried to sign him in January I think. I for one look forward to the day that we field an all South-American first 11.

Edited by sparrow1988

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Silly season

Exploring the possibility!! He'd cost like £40mil and why on earth would he join Villa!! No chance at all of this unless Coutinho is a close personal friend

I like this rumor:

Maxence Lacroix

Reports in Germany have suggested that the 22-year-old has a €40m (£34m) release clause in his existing contract, ensuring that a deal could well be struck if Villa are willing to cough up the required fee.

Admittedly, I like it purely based on the price tag and most of the article really being about Paul McGrath, but hey. Silly season speculation is fun, sky's the limit.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Numerous tweets here from one of the guys who called Ings early last year (I believe) he's been spotty since and there's nothing of substance here but I find it interesting so thought I'd post anyway incase anybody else does too. (I.e. don't jump on me).

Says Suarez has 'said yes'. Another tweet says McGinn will be captain next year if not one of the incoming targets.

This is all somehow quite believable. I for one couldn't really understand why they keep talking about the exciting *project" they've been selling to players. Surely all teams bang on to potential signings about wanting to sign a few players and finish as high as possible in the league. 

Somehow it always felt there was more to it.

I reckon part of the grand plan is to get rid of Ming's (possibly Newcastle), sideline konsa and upgrade to that Brazilian fella and tarkowski. It's a massive call to sack off your captain and figure head but any time Gerrard talks about cutting out the big errors and big moments that define results I get the feeling he has a big image of Mings in his head

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

This is all somehow quite believable. I for one couldn't really understand why they keep talking about the exciting *project" they've been selling to players. Surely all teams bang on to potential signings about wanting to sign a few players and finish as high as possible in the league. 

Somehow it always felt there was more to it.

I reckon part of the grand plan is to get rid of Ming's (possibly Newcastle), sideline konsa and upgrade to that Brazilian fella and tarkowski. It's a massive call to sack off your captain and figure head but any time Gerrard talks about cutting out the big errors and big moments that define results I get the feeling he has a big image of Mings in his head

I think it's just one CB to come in this summer. Bassey as LB/CB cover / competition too. 

Aston Villa are ready to step up their pursuit of the Rangers defender Calvin Bassey after his standout season in which he starred in both the Europa League and Scottish Cup finals.

Steven Gerrard is set to raid his former club as Villa look to strengthen in defence ahead of the new season. The Midlands side announced on Monday that the highly-rated midfielder Boubacar Kamara had signed a five-year deal and that came only a week after Philippe Coutinho put pen to paper on a permanent deal.

Not much actual content in that article. Just same 'preparing a bid' type language as usual.

18 minutes ago, Wes said:

Is he any good?

Edit. Is he's very highly rated by rangers and looks pretty athletic, was he one of the star players in the Europa cup final?

Edited by supermon

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

Is he any good?

Edit. Is he's very highly rated by rangers and looks pretty athletic, was he one of the star players in the Europa cup final?

His tackling was flawless. I’d not seen him ply before but very impressive in that game.

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Numerous tweets here from one of the guys who called Ings early last year (I believe) he's been spotty since and there's nothing of substance here but I find it interesting so thought I'd post anyway incase anybody else does too. (I.e. don't jump on me).

Says Suarez has 'said yes'. Another tweet says McGinn will be captain next year if not one of the incoming targets.

I've just cum 

52 minutes ago, supermon said:

Is he any good?

Never seen him before the final and he was very good. He seemed to continually make up the ground on a player in on goal and make a last ditch tackle from nowhere.

• Like 1